Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

missed y'all...

Old 05-08-2006, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default missed y'all...

just wanted to take a minute and say congrats to all of you that have taken birds within the last few days...i'll come back and read em all.....i've been sooo busy that i just dont have time to reply, hopefully these fires will continue to calm down and i'll be around again soon....pray for rain.....been working 12-13 hour days and then driving 2 hours...i'm beat,sunburnt... physically, i think i can do it one or two more days, lol...though my body said "HELP ME " after the first 12-14 hours, lmao.... we all are tired and i've only been doing this for a few days, i cant imagine the folks that have been working it for the last couple of weeks, God bless em all.....over 7,000 acres so far, where i'm at it's only a few hundred, so far... we've had two good days of holding, for the most part, if it did spot over, we have been blessed enough to stop it...i've been thinking of y'all who are still hunting, wishin' it was me, lol....had a hen run out in front of me yesterday too, but no poults....i did hear of a mommy and her poults coming out of one of the burned areas so theres hope that some got out of the way, but that fire ran through the woods and destroyed/devastated the woods.....y'all take care and go get a bird for me and the rest of us that are stuck working, lol......even though my season is over , i still want to be out there, lol...
Old 05-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: missed y'all...

hope you get some rain down there ma, we have the same problems out west but our fire seasons are in the summer
Old 05-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go into deer mode after turkey season
Old 05-08-2006, 08:04 PM

heyyyyy...welcome back!!!...lol...i'll pray for rain there for you...if you pray for turkeys coming into every call i make...lol...get plenty of rest and good to have ya back for a bit...
Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

we got RAIN.......not much , but it's here.....and it's helpin'.......man, what a rough few days, i got today off and i neeeeeeeeed it, lol........theres bad news though.......one of the dozers ran over a turkey nest, he was putting in a line, he had too or there would of been a chance of us losing the upper hand......so sad......but it had to be done....i just wish he would of been able to see them.....
Old 05-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Ma , hope you guys put an end to it soon...BT