HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - missed y'all...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 04:19 AM
huntnma
Nontypical Buck

Default missed y'all...

just wanted to take a minute and say congrats to all of you that have taken birds within the last few days...i'll come back and read em all.....i've been sooo busy that i just dont have time to reply, hopefully these fires will continue to calm down and i'll be around again soon....pray for rain.....been working 12-13 hour days and then driving 2 hours...i'm beat,sunburnt... physically, i think i can do it one or two more days, lol...though my body said "HELP ME " after the first 12-14 hours, lmao.... we all are tired and i've only been doing this for a few days, i cant imagine the folks that have been working it for the last couple of weeks, God bless em all.....over 7,000 acres so far, where i'm at it's only a few hundred, so far... we've had two good days of holding, for the most part, if it did spot over, we have been blessed enough to stop it...i've been thinking of y'all who are still hunting, wishin' it was me, lol....had a hen run out in front of me yesterday too, but no poults....i did hear of a mommy and her poults coming out of one of the burned areas so theres hope that some got out of the way, but that fire ran through the woods and destroyed/devastated the woods.....y'all take care and go get a bird for me and the rest of us that are stuck working, lol......even though my season is over , i still want to be out there, lol...