Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Got the new gun today

Old 05-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got the new gun today

Well I went to bass pro and bought the new Rem 870 with the pistol grip stock...

I will be patterning and hunting withit the weekend of the 20th... Hopefully it patterns a little better than my other turkey gun being it's a 3.5

Old 05-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got the new gun today

Mr Longbeard!

My buddy just bought the same shotgun and I also looked at it myself .I was very impressed with the new pistol grip and the camo on this new Remington .I opted for the Mossberg 935 since i really wanted the Autoloader and money was an issue.I really like the new Mossberg autoloader ,but I do keep thinking about the pistol grip Rem ,so just maybe next season I'll buy it myself, it is a beautiful piece and probably the nicest Turkey gun on the market this season .Congrat's on your new shotgun ,I hope you keep us posted on it. I'll be watching for your review on it .

nubo
Old 05-07-2006, 11:11 AM

congrats on your new gun Mr. Longbeard...did you get another choke tube for it?...you know....all the horns and whistles??...lol
Old 05-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I already have2 chokes that I can try... I have the Undertaker for heavy shot, Tru Glo Strut Stopper... I've been hearing a lot of people on hear saying that there 3.5"spattern #4'spretty good so that is what I'm trying first... I'm hoping that the Win HV #4's shot good for the rest of this season then next spring I'll prob do a more extensive patterning session
Old 05-07-2006, 01:32 PM

good luck Mr. Longbeard...let us know how it feels (comfortable with that pistol grip stock etc.)...i feel sorry for those toms ya left in the field after gettin that gun...lol...