Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Post you bird

Old 04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Post you bird

First bird 17 lbs 14 oz. 9 1/2 inch beard and 3/4 inch spurs.

Second bird 21 lbs. 11 1/2 inch beard and 1 7/16 inch spurs.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

hey fro, is it just the pic or is ur lip pierced?[>:]
Weird lighting and sweat combination. Never would I pierce my lip.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Coyotestalker

The first bird of the season for me, two more to go. I stalked this Tom and finally took him with a 30 yard shot with my Hoyt Trykon XL with Gold Tip Hunter Pro tipped with a ABC Sonic broadhead. Weight was 21 lbs, 9 1/2 beard, 1 inch spurs and a complete fan. Lots of good meat that was appreciated.

Interesting. You straight up smoked a domestic. Are there turkey farms around your area by any chance or does that dude just have messed up genetics.

That is an awesome bird. We had a half domestic/half wild one around my place that was white and brown mixture. He was bigger than all the wild birds...but had no beard.

That is an interesting bird. Dudes beard is huge. Are you gonna full body mount it? You might look into it. Once in a lifetime trophy.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 AM

Turkey numero uno for 2006.

Still trying for number two.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://i3.tinypic.com/wk35th.jpg

21 lb
9.5" beard
3/4" Spurs
Old 04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

Old 04-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Fork Horn

That the way they perch down there in KY,IL ray phillips !!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: FroMan

The first bird of the season for me, two more to go. I stalked this Tom and finally took him with a 30 yard shot with my Hoyt Trykon XL with Gold Tip Hunter Pro tipped with a ABC Sonic broadhead. Weight was 21 lbs, 9 1/2 beard, 1 inch spurs and a complete fan. Lots of good meat that was appreciated.

Interesting. You straight up smoked a domestic. Are there turkey farms around your area by any chance or does that dude just have messed up genetics.

That is an awesome bird. We had a half domestic/half wild one around my place that was white and brown mixture. He was bigger than all the wild birds...but had no beard.

That is an interesting bird. Dudes beard is huge. Are you gonna full body mount it? You might look into it. Once in a lifetime trophy.

No turkey farms, no farmers with domesticated turks, nothing.. I have done much research on the true albino trait, and low and behold this is a true albino. No cross breeding with domestics, nothing. The turk had pink eyes, really pink skin and only exhibited a black beard. I know exactly what a cross bred bird is, yet in no way this one is a cross bred domestic cross. Throughout the flocks out here, there are times where a true albino hen or Tom comes around, and has all the same features of the wild brothers and sisters, yet exhibits true white albino features. He was tasty, and setting up the fan, beard, wings, and spurs on a nice polished oak slab for the wall.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FroMan

No turkey farms, no farmers with domesticated turks, nothing.. I have done much research on the true albino trait, and low and behold this is a true albino. No cross breeding with domestics, nothing. The turk had pink eyes, really pink skin and only exhibited a black beard. I know exactly what a cross bred bird is, yet in no way this one is a cross bred domestic cross. Throughout the flocks out here, there are times where a true albino hen or Tom comes around, and has all the same features of the wild brothers and sisters, yet exhibits true white albino features. He was tasty, and setting up the fan, beard, wings, and spurs on a nice polished oak slab for the wall.
Good deal. It looks domestic because of its color but that beard kinda threw me for a loop. Like I said, the one I saw didn't have a beard and was mix colored. Got anymore where you're at?

I'll make the drive up and you can be my guide...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:34 PM

real nice pics everyone...i'd say you all put a ton of breast meet on this post...lolol...keep'em comin!!...

Quick Reply: Post you bird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.