Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Ethic's?????????

Old 10-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ethic's?????????

While out hunting this morning,My son and I were waiting in the dark(Pre-Dawn)Andrew ask me if By chance I shot two bird's by accident would I take the other one home as well,I explained that's why you alway's be sure you have a clear shot at one,BUT what if you shot two by accident he again ask.
Well I pondered this for awhile,I told him I would probly call the official's and ask them,BUT I don't beleive in letting a animal go to waste,(Yes preditor's would clean it up probly)
I believe I would take it home,Because it would be at My hand's that I took the bird's life.
TUFF QUESTION::::::
What would you do?????????

BOB
BE SURE OF YOUR SHOT&WHATS BEHIND YOUR SHOT.,,MAKE A QUICK CLEAN KILL

Edited by - 9th tine on 10/29/2002 04:08:08
Old 10-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ethic's?????????

well if i was in that situation and my dad was sitting beside me with an unfilled tag he got a turkey! its not going to waste..the state will know it was killed because he will send the report card in saying he killed it and it will be accounted for...ad long as they know that turkey was killed and is accounted for for their knowledge i dont think it matters who pulls the trigger on it... my dad would probally have a fit over it and ban me from hunting for a while just because he doenst seem like hed be okay doing that...

Old 10-31-2002, 03:59 PM

you take it home. it's an unfortunate accident but there is absolutly no reason not to take it home and let it waste.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised. I thought that someone would have ripped this guy up on that ?.

The way i look at it is. Know body's perfict, and we all make mastakes. If this was to ever happen to me i would take my chances and take the bird home period.....

Old 11-04-2002, 12:37 AM

I wouldn't bring it out. Many game wardens would tell you to leave it as well. They often can't take the risk to listen to a story and make a subjective opinion. I would hang it in a tree and come back for it with the same tag as I used on the first bird if possible. No way I would leave the woods illegal even if it was an honest mistake.

Ryan Tucker