Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 6's struttin' zone! >

Team 6's struttin' zone!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 6's struttin' zone!

Old 04-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default Team 6's struttin' zone!

has anyone started a team 6 thread or check in yet?...i'm new to this contest stuff so plz fill me in on all the details
Old 04-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: team 6?

Yea there's one lost in the shuffle, then the one where Mouthcaller Scored. Welcome to the team
Old 04-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

OhiobowHunter56

Welcome to team 6. There was an earlier "introduce yourself" thread, but I see that Pat has added some additional names to the team and I would guess that you are one of them.

Take a look at the sticky post entitled "Rules" up top. Basically only one bird per contestant counts toward the total team score. The team with the highest aggregate score wins the contest.We are using the official NWTF scoring tool to score the turkey.

Why don't you editthe title of yourpost to say "Team 6 Official Roost Site", or "Team 6 Strutting Zone" or something like that and we can use the thread to communicate with each other as the season progresses like the other teams are doing. It will stay on the front page if everyone posts to it frequently.

I think we have three birds on the board so far from Tarheel Turkey, DeerHuntMO, and myself. A lot of the guys on the team live in states that haven't even opened yet, so it really is just getting started.

Iam a 45 yo father of 3 (soon to be 4) and this is my 25th year to turkey hunt. I live in West Tennessee and hunt mostly within 60 miles of my house. When we startedchasing turkeys in the early 80's Tennesseehad few hunters and fewer turkeys, and we (my father, hunting buddies, and I) would hunt Mississippi, Alabama, and Missouri in addition to the little bit of hunting we could do in TN. Due to successful management the TN population has exploded to the point that I don't have to drive far to find a turkey these days.

Now, tell us about yourself, and welcome to team 6

Mouthcaller
Old 04-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

thx guys ... my names aaron... i'm turning 16 very shortly, i live in stark county, ohio...this is my 6th year in the turkey woods, last year was the only year i didnt bag one (long story), but anyhow the turkeys are really starting to move our way and i'm seein alot more of them, my biggest turkey yet was 25 pounds , its spurs werent all that long but it had 2 beards each around 5 inches, our house burnt down about a month ago but i'm not letting it get in the way of my hunting... all tho my guns were destroyed my aunt bought me a mossberg 535 turkey model with a red dot on it...i love it, talk about tight patters, any how i'm excited to see how this contest goes.,,, hopefully we all score well and kick sum a$$,,,good luck and be safe guys!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

I like the teamthreadname- we needed one. Good job 56 and again welcome. Sounds like you have quite a lot of turkey experience for a 16 year old. You don't know how lucky you are to start hunting turkeys about thetime that their population throughout the country has reached an all-time high.

Team 6 - Let's keep the thread going and discuss all things turkey as the season progresses.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:59 PM

hey all u guys my names tim..i live in ny..i live for turkey season..lol.im turnin 17 on the 20th..last year i got a couple jakes on my property, but this year i want somthin bigger..so i been doin some scouting recently and found out their are some monstrous gobblers on the farm behind me..i mean theses suckers were huge..one had to be atleast 25 pounds..all have paintbrush beards..haha im stoked..so anyways i actually just went to the landowner today and he said i could hunt the farm..and im pretty much the only one allowed..yeehaw..so ne ways im hoppin to score atleast once..goodluck to the rest of u
Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i seen around 25-30 turkeys this morning while fishin... just thought i'd share with ya guys plus we cant let thispost get burried
Old 04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 6's struttin' zone!

Took my son out today for a couple of hours. We tried a "green field ambush" with 4 decoys in a long field bordered by wooded hills. Bumped a hen out of the field on our arrival but saw nothing after that.

Going to hunt a turkey my Dad and cousin can't seem to kill in some steep hill ground we have. He gobbles at them and then goes away. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone this w/end

Mouthcaller
Old 04-14-2006, 09:00 PM

i went out scouting today and found a dead jake(fresh kill)..torn apart by coyotes..makes me mad..
Old 04-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

thats a bummer lost prophet we have coyote problems too thats why i like to blast em!... i commented in ur post ... good luck guys... this is buggin me i wanna hunt turkeys now but i gotta wait till the 24th

Quick Reply: Team 6's struttin' zone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.