Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

TEAM FOUR

Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TEAM FOUR

The birds are gobbling their heads off, but I can't get them in range. It's great compared to last year. Some are off the lease and that limits the moves I can make. Plenty of time left in the season to take my two birds.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Season starts Monday! Can't wait...

Old 04-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Season opened today. Someone beat me to my spot and killeda nice one. Roosted 4 on one side of the road and one on the other. I was forced to go after the other and he flew off the roost across the road to the other guy. Oh well, still plenty of time left.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:03 PM

I tagged my second and final bird Satuarday and I believe I posted it on the post it sight. I'll check later. This one scored better that the last at a 62.375. Not bad for a Kansas Reo Grand. 10 inch beard was my longest to date.

Does anyone know where or if the scores are being tallied? I thought that I saw on the 'post your scores here sight' that someone bagged a Tom with multiple beards and scored pretty dang high. I thought that it was for Team Four as well. We should be looking pretty good.

kennyt
Old 04-24-2006, 09:05 PM

I took a jake on Saturday. I'm going to wait and see if I can't bag a better bird before I post a score........
Old 04-25-2006, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Went out this morning.. Had a bunch of hens and a tom come out of the roost out in the field in front of us. Then the neighbors dog started barking and the owner came out yelling to the dog. The birds got kindof spooked and started out across the field in a hurry. We were videoing... My brother in law called and tried to stop him, but it didn't work. I probably shouldn't have shot, but I did anyway... 45 yards. He hit the ground, flapped his wings, and got up and ran / flew away and I never got him!
Needless to say I am very disappointed.
Went to another spot afterwards and had one gobbling, but he hung up on us.. We tried to move around and he must have spooked.
Try again tomorrow.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Keep at if fellows.Congrats dolfer,and twice barrel.Keep at it Western MA hunter.I have lost one bird,and it is a terrible feeling,but you just have to keep your head up.I called in 3 birds on easter.One 3 yr old,and two 2 yr olds.I waited for my friend to shoot.He shot the 3 yr old.(Strutter).And I picked off one of the 2 yr olds.His bird had a 9 9/16" beard,and 1 1/8" spurs.My bird Had a 9" beard.. 7/8" and 15/16" spurs.I am on the right.Good luck fellows!

Old 04-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking birds ranchand99!
I finally scored this morning on a nice mature bird. He weighed in at 21lb, 9.5" beard, & 3/4" spurs (Score = 55). Came in silent. We were sitting a field edge where the birds roosted off of last night. We had him and 2 others gobbling on roost this morning. We set up and waited... The hens started flying down and the toms came down in the woods behind us. I was watching the field corner when a hen came in over my right shoulder in the woods checking the field, and then went back in... a few minutes later a heard a spit & drum right over my shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a tom stutting just 10 yards away (but my gun was facing the field). He slowly made his way over to my left and got behind some brush and I quickly moved the gun over. He got between 2 trees about 30-35 yards away and gave me my only shot. He went right down. Bird 1 down for the year!

http://i3.tinypic.com/wiopc0.jpg
Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome!Congrats on your bird.He looks good to me!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:31 AM

Congrats Western MA and ranchand99!

I'm back out this afternoon and tomorrow. Hopefully find some mature toms this time.

Quick Reply: TEAM FOUR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.