Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

TEAM FOUR

Old 04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TEAM FOUR

Awesome! What a beauty! Team 4 will win this for sure!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 PM

HI Fellas....looks like I've been added to team 4.....and I'm very excited about it!!
I hunt in N.E. Missouri and I've seen some really big birds in the last couple of weeks. Our season opens April 24th thru May 14th. Hopefully, they will still be hanging around.
Good luck to everyone and hunt safe.
Diann
Old 04-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Mom.
Out season starts the same day. Saw a nice flock this morning across the street from my father's place today. One real nice Tom out there. Hopefully I'll see him opening day.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:12 PM

I posted this on the official post for scores, but I thought you all might like to here the story here.

Season opened on Wednesday the 12th here in Kansas. I was out there Wednesday, Thursday and finally on Friday, Good Friday, I found a gobbler that wasn't henned up. I couldn't get one to come in off the roost, but at 10am I was ready to pack it up because I had spent most of the day on Thursday in close to 100 degree weather and Friday was going to be just about as hot. I was just sitting and listening, not calling at all. I could here some distant gobbles in the distant, but nothing close. Then, I heard him, and he was close. I scrambled to find a good set up spot. When I found a good tree I cut at him to see where he was. He thundered back probablynot more that 120yds. I didn't have time to set up my decoy, so I was in new teratory. He would be, and is, the first without a decoy. Also a first, I was on public land.

I yelped and he thundered back closing the gap fast. He gobbled on his own and I threw him a couple of soft clucks to seal the deal. Then he appeared over a hill(Kansas hill) about 80yds out and he just eased in looking for that sweet hen. He give me a shot at 28yds and I sent 2oz of lead his way. I think the last thing he saw was me picking my gun up and the flash. His thrashed for only about 30 seconds and he was done.

I remember my first bird only a year ago, I could not do anything for a long time, the adrenaline rush was just to much. This time was not a problem, the rush was there, but it is getting easier to come down. Although I will admit that I had him hung over my shoulder and was heading to the truck only about 5 or 6 step and I reallized that I did not tag him. After tagging him I reallized that I didn't pick up my seat. So, maybe the adrenaline rush didn't leave as quick as I thought.

When he was still thrashing a thought came to my mind. We(Christians) remember on this day the death of our Lord Jesus. He died for my sins(and yours)so many years ago, but today 'ole tom' died for my supper table. Praise the Lord my LORD. I'm sure that I'm not the first to have this thought, but I thought that I should tell you all anyway.

kennyt

Old 04-14-2006, 07:44 PM

dolfer......Congratulations on the bird. What fun this turkey hunting is! I'm just waiting...not so patiently...for the 24th.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats dolfer,welcome to the team MOM.Do you guys know where the team scores are posted at?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been out 3 weekends in a row now and each time I've gone the wind has been brutal. I have hunted twice on private land and once on public. The only bird I managed to call in ran off when a dang ol bull walked up to my hen deke and started licking it when the tom was still about 70yds out. I'm going out again on Wednesday to the private land and I really hope the wind cooperates this time. This will be my last chance to hunt private land this year, its too expensive to go back any more and the public land here in Tx has a ton of pressure since there is so little of it. Oh well, I'll do what I have to! Wish me luck, I sure need it!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:12 AM

Good Good Luck txrookie...hope everything falls in place for you and you get your bird. Watch out for those pesky cows!! I have a few to deal with where I hunt. Sometimes, when they are really irritating me...I consider eating beef instead of turkey or venison.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dolfer...
Sounds like an exciting hunt. Congrats!!! That adrenaline rush never goes away! If it does, we have lost our love for the sport!
Nice work and great story.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrads i got one yesturday with a 7 inch beard not my biggest but im still proud of him. Its been so hot here in Illinois lately its hard to stay out that long in all the camo. Ill hopefully post score and pics tonite.

Quick Reply: TEAM FOUR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.