Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

835 mossberg

Old 03-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default 835 mossberg

Is this the turkey to have? Is the 835 the standard that all the other manufacturers will try to compete with? What do you think?
Old 03-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 835 mossberg

The 835 is a great gun, I have one myself and love it, use and don't have no the need for another turkey gun but is it the standard for the industry....HECK NO, there are a ton of guns out there that could be considered superior or not depending on ones own experiences and situations. Saying one product over an other as the best in the industry is, I consider, narrow minded. Not all products are perfect for everyone and that is why there is so much diversity in the hunting industry. I don't care if one is debating guns, bows, trucks, condomns, or vacuums....the best doesn't exist.

Too many great guns, chokes, shell combos to say one is the industry standard.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

Rob, what makes a gun superior than another? I work with some guys that own Browning shotguns and swear by them. But when asked why there is no answer? I understand that there are many guns out there that are just as good, I was looking for comments from people good and bad. There was a thread on here a while back talking about Walmart selling guns and howMossbergs are junk because theysell them, and the gun that they sell are inferior to say one bought at bass Pro Shops.I own one and own a535 and have had no problems out of either. I am not dissing any other gun manufacturers either, I would take a remington any day. But you ahve to admit for under 400 bucks it's a great gun!
Old 03-18-2006, 07:10 PM

I own Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag, love it, would never use any other pump turkey gun. First things first, thats my opinion, plus the 835 is my all purpose gun for varminting, quail hunting, and protection out on the ranch. Second, I agree with the other guys. there is no ONE gun that sets the standard for a turkey gun, goose gun, deer gun, etc. etc. It is about personal preference, how big your wallet is, and what kind of hunting you will be doing constitutes your ammo selection and your gun selection. The 835 is a great gun, but I don't see it the best ever, just like I don't see many of the other manufacturers out there pulling out the best....Again, its all about personal preference and the other things that provide an enjoyable firearm handling and performance.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

..HECK NO, there are a ton of guns out there that could be considered superior or not depending on ones own experiences and situations.
I'll quote myself to answer your question on what makes a gun superior, one's own feeling, nothing more. My point is made that my gun is better than yours and your gun is better than mine....and his gun is better than both of ours, but only to him.....

I agree with you, I'll put my Mossberg up against anyones on the range....I'm that impressed with it but it doesn't make it superior in any way. And I agree with you, Just because it's inexpensive, it's not junk....

Old 03-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one myself, love it and will always use it. I think if I am not mistaken, it was the first 3 1/2" gun. As far as the gun to compare too, dont think so. There is so many now, and it comes down to a personal preference. Single shot, auto, thumb hole, pistol grip, remington, browning, winchester, benelli, H and R, you just got to look and see what you like and then buy it, you will find after your first Tom, it will be the best gun in the world! [8D]
Old 03-20-2006, 06:50 PM

I own a 835, and with all my choke options, itis a great shotgun. Like some of you say, it is personal preference,and I like the one I have. I use it for squirrel, rabbitt, ducks and geese, and of course turkeys.

Swampchopper
Old 03-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Typical Buck

Do you guys think a 680 is too constricted?