Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 TEAM 9 CHECK IN HERE!!!! >

TEAM 9 CHECK IN HERE!!!!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

TEAM 9 CHECK IN HERE!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 07:42 AM

Default RE: TEAM 9 CHECK IN HERE!!!!

Hey guys, well i am back.

Had a tough weekend and only saw jakes. Wanted another bird for some meat and took a Jake. We had a tough weekend though. Saw a bunch of birds, but they were all henned up. So sat. morning it was cold 28 when we hit the woods and ended up shootin the bird at 9:45.

Shot him at 27 yards with a 31/2 #5 winchester. I put 13 bbs in the head and neck. Got up to get him and he took off running....When i hit him he litteraly flipped! My bro got over there quicker than i did. THe bird was running with his head bouncing on the ground!
Put one more in him and he was done. But my god are those birds tough!!!

He he is. A whopping 13lbs, 3.5 in Beard
My season is over so my big tom will be my score for the contest.
P.s. My girlfriend pack my digital cam. cause i forgot...again..so igot to take pics!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:45 PM

Just wondering where everyone is? Yall out huntin or what??? Or is the season over!?!?!?!

Pines

Congrats to those with birds!!!
pines
Old 05-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunts are winding down. Hopefully I can kill 1 or 2 more birds. If not its been a good season.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

My season is done unless someone can convince me to hunt another state. It wouldnt take much convincing though lol. Ive only hunted 4 days and killed 3 birds. Heck Im ready to do it again...
Old 05-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My seasons over up here in Ontario, the season goes till the end of the month, but I've tagged out with two birds. Here is my 2nd Tom, a bit bigger than the one a week ago that was my 1st tom ever.

19lbs 4oz
15/16" spurs (both sides)
9" beard

Old 05-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Very nice bird tschaef
Old 05-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Spike

Bagged my first bird ever here in CO this mornin. He was 16#, 7/8 Spurs and a 10 Inch beard. I very good looking Merriam if i do say so myself. My brother bagged his forst as well this mornin, 17 # 3 oz, 7/8 spurs and 8.5 " beard. Not bad for our first birds ever. Got one more to go after with a week left, my wife has a tag and i cant let it go without her gettin hers. Will post pics as soon as i figure out how. Good luck to those that are havin a rough season and congrats to those who have scored....

Old 05-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Team 9 - Sorry to let you down this year, but no turkey. This is my fourth season turkey hunting and the first in which I have been skunked. I saw many birds this year in central Georgia - mostly hens and jakes. I did see some mature birds, but for some reason or another they would not come into shooting range. However, that's turkey hunting and with our season coming to an end today, I will have to wait until next season to bag a mature tom. Good luck to the rest of you and I hope that you find success.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't win them all YH, no problem here, as long as you had fun out there.

I just ran thru this thread, as a team 6 members have posted kills, I have no idea how the other teams are doing, but if you've taken a bird don't forget to post your score up top so it gets counted.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Ive killed 3 this year and the first was my best. Ive posted it first since I didnt think I could top it which I didnt. I wish I could post all 3 birds. Congrats to all killed birds for team 9. Hang in there all who didnt. Theres always next year. Lets face it were all addicted to turkey hunting. I might be off to PA soon to try for another. I gotta make up my mind soon.

Quick Reply: TEAM 9 CHECK IN HERE!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.