Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team One!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 01:51 PM

Default RE: Team One!!!

Where is everyone at? Do ya'll still have some more time to hunt. Or are ya'lls seasons wrapped up.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

I have been chasing a big bird behind my house for the past three days. My Father In Law and I went in well before daylight this morning by the infamous Miss My Deer Tree and the Birds were roosted and gobbling there ass' off. Rich, my father in law went up near a field edge and I pulled off some sniper tatics and tucked in as close as I could to the trees that held the birds. I was about 25 yards from them as they started to fly down and of course they started walking in the other direction. I yelped real soft and low and behold three birds gobbled about 30 yards from me but I could not see them because of where I positioned myself. It was really hard to see because it was barely light out but I caught movement through my scope to my right about 25 yards and it was a longbeard feeding in the woods. his head popped up again and I let er' fly. Dropped stone cold. I would also like to say that this was not the bird I was after, but he will do just fine.
21.8 pounds
left spur 1 1/8
right spur 1 1/8
beard 10 3/4
I'll have pictures posted later after I get them developed to make everything legit.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:06 PM

My season starts in a week from tomorrow... I'm pumped!!! Tons of sign, and have seen a few big ones. I'll let you know what happens.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:59 PM

I got my first gobbler ever this year. Just so happened to be on my first day out! See my post called "shot my first, on my first day!" for a quick story. If you are to lazy here are the stats and the pic.

weight 17.75 lbs
beard 9"
spurs 1" and 7/8"
Total score 50.125

Probably done for the year even though I could get another tag and hunt till the end of may. Hunting grounds are 3 hours away, few turkey around here, and I have to work on weekends to make some money. I'll be out next year though!

[/align]

Old 05-09-2006, 06:23 PM

It seems like most people are doing very well. So guys keep up the good work.

P.S. Ya'll kill some big onesnow.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:27 AM

Wow...nice bird Spiffy. Just wanted to pop in and report.........Season come.....season gone. Birds 1, hunter 0. The particular 2 counties my buds and I hunted in were hunted hard during our first season.........BADLY! Got out early every morning.......heard hens purring on the nests.......would call.......even the hens shut up. These birds were so call shy, it wasn't funny. In the end, I saw one jake hauling butt across the road as I was heading back to the vehicle.
I know next year, I am applying for first season and am not hunting in the counties I had this year. Hunters, (If you would call them that), in those counties shoot anything that moves during both Turkey and Deer season. It is sickening.
Anyhow, sorryguys.....I tried but to no avail. Ugh.