Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gulvas video

Old 02-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gulvas video

Well this was a fairly interesting tape...until halfway through it went blank!I e-mailed midwest,so we'll see.It was right at the part when he said let's listen to some real hens....blip.nada.Hmm.A little aggravating to say the least,but he really knows his stuff.Oh well that's my luck!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gulvas video

ranchhand I noticed they did not offer his tape on DVD that kind of bummed me out
Old 02-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

Well this was a fairly interesting tape...until halfway through it went blank!I e-mailed midwest,so we'll see.It was right at the part when he said let's listen to some real hens....blip.nada.Hmm.A little aggravating to say the least,but he really knows his stuff.Oh well that's my luck!
Funny you mentioned that, I picked up another one of Denny's tapes myself, and after it got to the half way point, the tape rewinds back to the very beginning?????? I think it's a quality control issue. I'm sending mine right back to Denny himself, to let him know about the problem and to get a replacement video!![:-]
Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Well midwest did not reply to my e-mail yet,but I'm sending it back.I don't want another if it may be a quality issue!Nothing against Denny.He's a veryturkey smartguy.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Spike

Ranchand99 and Maytom, I am very sorry to hear that you have received some "bad" tapes, that is very disturbing to me. Contact me at address below so that I can take care of the problem immediately!

[email protected] Denny
Old 02-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

ORIGINAL: ranchand99

Funny you mentioned that, I picked up another one of Denny's tapes myself, and after it got to the half way point, the tape rewinds back to the very beginning?????? I think it's a quality control issue. I'm sending mine right back to Denny himself, to let him know about the problem and to get a replacement video!![:-]
R we talkin about a brand new video from Denny?
Old 02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: turk2di
R we talkin about a brand new video from Denny?
Acually, the one Video tape I got a couple of years ago "Challenging Pressured Gobblers" works perfect, no problems at all with that tape.
Because I liked that one so much I decided to get another one of Denny's video's, so I ordered from Midwest, "Spring Gobbler Hunting II".
This is where the problem started. They (Midwest) sent me the wrong video tape, "Spring Gobbler Hunting I", but I decided to keep it anyway, since it was one of Denny's firsthe put out. I then tried watching it, but when it got approx. to the half way point, the tape "re-winded itself" right back to the begining? I tried it a second time, and the very same thing happened.I'll be sending Denny the tape, justso hecan see what happened first hand.
Glad to help out in this situation, because others may have had a similar experience.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

It seems like it is midwest,and nothing to do with denny.He asked us to contact him,but I don't feel like it is his place to correct the problem it is Mid west's problem.I will e-mail denny anyways.B/C Mr. longbeard had some dvd's from midwest(That had nothing to do with denny)and all of them were bad!I am going to call them myself tomorrow,since they won't return my e-mail.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:21 PM

I just got the Gulvas video "challenging Pressured gobblers from Midwest turkey supply and there are a few places in the video where the tracking seems to get out offocus but other than that the video works fine. After reading all the other post I guess I got lucky. That was my first time ordering from them but I don't think I will order anything else from them.