Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting? >

Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting?

Old 01-14-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting?

Was at work yesterday and was thinking for a few weeks how I could bet April and May off for turkey season...Finally came up with a solution.
Asked for 2 months off because I have 3 Famialy reunions out of state. Got lucky and got both months off...Probally not good to lie...But Its turkey season needed a good excuse
Old 01-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting?

Man what do you do for a living were you can be off work for 2 months????

I love turkey hunting but 2 month would prob drive me crazy
Old 01-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

very very clever
Old 01-14-2006, 09:28 PM

Ill take a chance hoping no one from work comes on here lol. But I work at a fast food kinda place called
Culvers..
Old 01-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow...thats nuts lol......i thought i was too addicted...getting up at 430am...hunting till 730am.....school from 8-1130 in wet camos and muddy boots....work the first job 12-5 and the second job 6-11or 12 lol....made for rough long days...but mannnn did i have an exciting season!! this year college lets out during the second or 3rd week giving me2 solid weeks of hunting..plus saturdays......and as it works now i have tue and thursday mornings to hunt.....cant wait....ill take 5 classes 3 days a week spread from 8am-4pm to have 2 days to hunt them old birds!! the week i come home me and dad are planning a long weekend get away...just the 2 of us...to chase them birds and trout fish..cant wait!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

If all goes well planning on retiring in mid March and starting in Florida, now just to try to figure out how to hold up for 60 days of turkey hunting. I can't wait to try.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol........youre addicted, lol.......... with my job when i got hired i told him i could not work weekends during season and i'd probably be taking 4 days a week off to hunt....he still hired me, lol....then when i got my new boss, i told him the same and he went for it as well.....i love my job, out in the woods everyday , scouting as i work, lol....then to hunt em, it's great....all i have to do is request a day off and i get it...i thank God everyday for this job...
Old 01-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Man what do you do for a living were you can be off work for 2 months????

I love turkey hunting but 2 month would prob drive me crazy
I take off three weeks each spring and by the time it is over, im ready to go back to work. Did i say that
Old 01-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see your still around Dennis!!!Hey congratulations on your retirement!!I take 3 weeks too Turk!!!Been addicted since I was 12....
Old 01-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Years back I had to make a decission on what I wanted to do,
1/ work and look at hunting as a hobby
2/ hunt and look as work as a hobby

Well I can't say I made the right choice as it has cost me an awefull lot over the years as I decided on number 2. I have lost alot and never seem to get ahead.

I spend about 40 days of the year for the last 16 years in the turkey woods only and now that I have started into another line in the turkey world I now will be spending about 60+ days in the turkey woods a season. This is not counting the fall seasons that I hunt Waterfowl, Fall turkey hunting and Big Game.

after a regular 40 day of getting up at Dark:30 and getting back to the sack at Dark :30 ,I am wore down and it takes me about a week to get back on track to start pounding nails to pay the lacking bills. Now that my wife can't work this just maybe a year that I may not be looking forward to, but I am so darn caught up with this turkey bug that I just can't change. I think I need to see a shrink ...BT

Quick Reply: Maybe to addictied to turkey hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.