Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Getting Worked Up For Spring Already! >

Getting Worked Up For Spring Already!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Getting Worked Up For Spring Already!

Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Getting Worked Up For Spring Already!

Okay, archery season isn't over here yet and I'm already getting worked up for spring turkey hunting. Bought myself a new choke tube, call conditioning stuff, broke out some calls to drive the wife nuts, etc.

Someone I work with approached me yesterday and asked if I hunted turekys... He says he has a huge flock behind his house... Today he tells me he counted 42 birds, he was looking for terminology for that thing sticking out of their chests, he thinks you call them beards? Okay, he doesn't have a lot of property and his wife isn't keen on hunters, but she does like to eat turkey....Well, its time to start working on this one! Its a bow, it wont go bang, you get to share the meat... Maybe I can add another property to my small but growing list... CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Getting Worked Up For Spring Already!

Sounds like a great opportunity RSS!!Those little pieces of ground can turn out to be some real gems!!Waterfowl season is slowly coming to an end here and yes the turkey bug is starting to take effect!Luckily waterfowl season was one of the best we've had in years so I havn't been frusterated with those thoughts of spring bugging me daily yet and the weather has been brutal!!!!But with that said turkey time is always on my mind!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Me tooCant get here fast enuf!
Old 01-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck getting that property! Man I cant wait for spring time!!It seems so far off.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

I have 2 toms and 2 hens here at home that are my pets and I had them so fired up the other day it was unbelievable. The weather here in Indiana was in the low 60's and I cut loose with my mouth calls box and slate and wow the gobbling started the hens were yelpin and cuttin it was awesome. Oh how I cant wait April to arrive. Im huntin Indiana and Missouri this year. Come on Spring.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:30 PM

Did someone say beards? Did someone say 20 lb+ Toms? Did someone say deep fried turkey? Oh, I though I heard someone say something like that.....
Old 01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Someone I work with approached me yesterday and asked if I hunted turekys... He says he has a huge flock behind his house...
Some people have all the luck

I am so ready to start another turkey season.
I am like a junky looking for a fix.
I looked out the frount door waiting for my kids school bus.
This morning and I saw the skyline on the bare trees.
And all I could think of is Wonder where the turkeys would,
Be roosting if they were in these trees.

The turkey bug has bite me bad LoL

I am so ready to start Im about to burst.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Arrowmaster you and I must have the same genes somewhere along the line, I have a Tom and a Hen also. I got them last year to help me with my calling, and because my 4 year old son thinks they are cool. I am so pumped up about this season. I went to finish up deer season where I turkey hunt and saw 44 birds in one flock. Father in law blasted a yote that was stalking the flock.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Both Dec and Jan have been sounding like April here in MD. I've never heard so much fall gobbling as this bowseason. Aflock of 9 gobs (7 adults and 2 jakes) and 16 hens have been keeping me entertained. Last Saturday, I set up on the edge of a swamp not too far from a roost. Two coons (?) fighting in the pre-dawn dark got the gobs going. At dawn, the hens did theiryelping, cackling,and cutting. Gobblinggalore, and two hours later, the gobs were stillgoing at it - temps in the high 20's, go figure. Sweet...
-fsh