Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 remington duplex loads.... >

remington duplex loads....

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

remington duplex loads....

Old 05-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default remington duplex loads....

nitro loads combination loads like remingtons 4x6s.......i was wondering if the remingtons patterned better then most factory loads?? kinda makes sense....6s fill the holes....4s hit them hard......i want both......this year i couldnt get a GOOD load....and didnt have money for a choke and sights like i want......so i gota limit myself.....i still got a 40yd turkey gun.....but im liming myself to 35......40yds i still had something like 8 vital hits....i just rather be careful....maybe ill drop the cash on the nitro combo this summer.....if i got the cash....but i got to thinking.....i like lead and copper......no problems here with it.....im not looking for a 80yd turkey dropper....thougggggggh my bosstom would been dead already! i like em in close.......but id like more confidance then i have now...i know my gun will kill em.....but it got me thinkin.....nitro does it.....remingtons done it for years......do they pattern nicer??? just wondering.....thanx
Old 05-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: remington duplex loads....

I really like the duplex - they pattern awesome for me. You're right on when you say that the #4's do the heavy damage and the #6's fill the holes. You never know whether that shot's gonna be 10 yards or 40 yards. A duplex gives you some extra comfort knowing that you can put some heavy lead on your target.

I would highly recommend them. This year I couldn't find any, so I resorted to Win 3.5" #6 heavy shot knockoff. They worked well. I cranked my gobbler out at 40-45 yards, and he was peppered pretty good.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:38 AM

The Remington Duplex loads were, for many years, my favorite spring gobbler killer. But when PA banned the use of BB sized shot, I quit using them and went to the copper plated 4's in the Federal Mag loads. My favorite Rem. load was the BBX4. What a killer that was out to 50 yards with my old 10 ga. and my new 12 ga. 3 1/2" Mossy!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

I'm using Duplex this year. Hammered a longbeard in NY - 40+ yards, Rem 870 with Carlson ported choke. Good load in my gun.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

I also shoot Remington Duplex loads out of my Encore. Patterns well with the punch to "slap down" out to 40 yards.