Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
What are the best trail cameras, and why? >

What are the best trail cameras, and why?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What are the best trail cameras, and why?

Old 04-04-2021, 06:47 PM
Spike

Default What are the best trail cameras, and why?

What are the best trail cameras, and why? Share your opinion
Old 04-05-2021, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cell Camera or conventional?
Old 04-05-2021, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

trail camera's IMO< are one of them things, that unless your buying the very top end models
they can all be hit or miss in quality and reliability

I have spent thousands of dollars on them over the past 20+ yrs and have had ALL makes and models fail that I have owned from camera costing over a grand to ones costing just over 25 bucks

I have had cheap 40 dollar camera's that lasted years and worked problem free and had high dollar cam's that were problem after problem, work today NOT tomorrow, run away on pic's to not taking any at all
then work fine and repeat!
I know guys that SWEAR by"X" brand Model
and have gone and bought same make/model and had them fail or not work at all!
and vice versa!

SO< IMO, they can all be good and BAD , pending if your lucky buying a good one, or not!

and I average about 4500 pictures a week on cams a few cams on my property, NOT counting cam's at hunting camps and dother p[laces!
and been running cams since late 90's(35 mm film cameras then, and still have some that work just as they did new and some that well ?? DON't! LOL)
Old 04-06-2021, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

I don't know what the best are but I know one you want to avoid. Muddy Manifest cellular trail cam. I have one and its trigger is way to slow and the picture quality stinks.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

when it comes to cell cams the best are:

Ridgetec, Spartan, Ryconxx, Covert, Tactacam and the new Moultrie Delta looks promising time will once it's released
Old 04-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO< the best wireless camera on the market is the Buckeye camera system, if your going to have a remote camera that send you video or pictures

back when they used to make plain trail cam's(and they were never cheap one's) they too were top of the cam's, but they now only do the remote systems
hard to beat, but FAR from cheap
and even there not perfect or unknown to have issue's
Old 09-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Spike

IMO the best trail cams are the Cuddeback Cuddelink cameras. Now this recommendation would only be for private land that you live on or lease with folks you know. So yes they have a cellular cam, but what a lot of people don't recognize is that the Cuddelink feature allows the cuddeback cameras to form a proprietary wireless mesh network between the cameras. You set up one camera at a "home" location and then all the other cameras relay a smaller version of each pic to the home camera. So at that point your home camera can be a cellular camera and then set it back to you that way - but that is a lot of pics and costs money, or not a cellular camera but you just have to check one camera. So my home camera is right behind my house where deer are used to seeing/smelling me so I can check it every day if I want and I actually do during the rut. The smaller pics that the other cameras send are not blow up quality pictures for sure but they are good enough to let you know what kind of bucks you have across your property. So with this setup I don't have to have another monthly cellular plan I have to pay for and I don't have to go visit each trail cam and spread my scent each time either.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

I never had the desire to get a cellular cam nor pay the high price for top of the line cams. I have a couple Moultre and Hunter cams that do the job just fine for under $100. I don't mind going for a hike once every 3 or 4 weeks to check my cam sites.
I wonder what the next evolution in trail cams will be? Will you be able to remotely disconnect it from the tree, fly it to another location and re-secure it? I wouldn't doubt it. Technology is going to be the demise of this world.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The convenience of the cell camera is great, it's even better with not having to drive to your location if need be, time is money and gas well we all know that cost alot, the camera's service pays for itself. There is no need to spend a lot. Tactacam makes excellent cell cameras, Spypoint does as well, heck you can hook up your conventional camera to a Spypoint Cell Link, and the service price is mere pennies
Old 02-06-2023, 11:44 PM
Spike

Yo, if you're in the market for a trail cam, you've got some decisions to make. There are a ton of options out there, but don't sweat it, I've got you covered. Let's break down the most important things to consider when choosing the best trail cam for you.
  1. Trigger speed: This refers to how fast the camera starts capturing images after detecting movement. The faster the better, so aim for a trigger speed under a second.
  2. Pic quality: You want to make sure you're getting clear and sharp images, so look for a camera with high-res pics and color during the day and black and white at night.
  3. Battery life: If you're using your trail cam in a remote location, you want to make sure you have a camera with a long battery life. Opt for a camera that uses AA batteries and has a battery life of at least 6 months.
  4. Night vision: If you're using your trail cam for security or nighttime hunting, you want to make sure you have good night vision. Look for cameras with infrared LED lights for clear images in low light.
  5. Durability: Trail cams are often exposed to harsh weather, so make sure you choose one that's durable and weather-resistant. Look for cameras that are waterproof and have a sturdy casing.
Based on these factors, some of the best trail cams out there include the Bushnell Trophy Cam HD, Moultrie M-40i, and Browning Strike Force Pro XD. These cams are known for their fast trigger speeds, high-quality pics, long battery life, solid night vision, and durability