HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are the best trail cameras, and why?
Old 09-03-2021, 10:31 AM
stickman37
Spike

IMO the best trail cams are the Cuddeback Cuddelink cameras. Now this recommendation would only be for private land that you live on or lease with folks you know. So yes they have a cellular cam, but what a lot of people don't recognize is that the Cuddelink feature allows the cuddeback cameras to form a proprietary wireless mesh network between the cameras. You set up one camera at a "home" location and then all the other cameras relay a smaller version of each pic to the home camera. So at that point your home camera can be a cellular camera and then set it back to you that way - but that is a lot of pics and costs money, or not a cellular camera but you just have to check one camera. So my home camera is right behind my house where deer are used to seeing/smelling me so I can check it every day if I want and I actually do during the rut. The smaller pics that the other cameras send are not blow up quality pictures for sure but they are good enough to let you know what kind of bucks you have across your property. So with this setup I don't have to have another monthly cellular plan I have to pay for and I don't have to go visit each trail cam and spread my scent each time either.