Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Option For a Cellular Trail Camera >

Option For a Cellular Trail Camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Option For a Cellular Trail Camera

Old 06-06-2020, 01:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Option For a Cellular Trail Camera

Been seeing this item advertise for the last month or so, so finally got around and contacted SPYPOINT via email......They said it works off of VERIZON or AT&T your choice, it will work with almost any camera all cameras, I asked about my model a Moultrie 888i and they YES it will work. Release date will be June 15th, I placed a Pre-Order from B&H Photo, with tax just under $64.00 FREE SHIPPING.....

https://www.spypoint.com/en/products/cell-link

https://www.spypoint.com/en/spypoint-experience/plans

Old 06-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I wish you luck with it, I would be trying best I could if I was you set this up as well as your trail cam with s solar power battery charger/battery pack

I used a bunch of the cell trail camera systems and they all are VERY hard on battery life
some of the early one's would eat battery's down in about 40 sent pic;'s IF That, and that was with a solar power charger, remote battery pack set up LOL

the new er one's I know some are better, but they all still use a LOT more power to send pic's

so a heads up on this side of things, if you didn;t consider it!

make sure your cam is places some place it gets lots of sun then afterwards to keep it going!

and please update as you get some use of it!

I wonder if it has a GPS tracker in it , in case it gets stolen too??
Old 06-06-2020, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

no solar panel for this, as well as no GPS...for $59.00 can't have them all

I was set to buy the Spartan Ghost Camera, but with having 5 cameras and seeing this item big difference in price, to me worth trying
Old 06-06-2020, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah I am sure the price point is a big part of sales for these things

only time will tell if they work as they claim

I know most of the GOOD cam's that ofer this stuf are NOT cheap
I had a few Buckeye cam's and they were rpetty flawless, but FAR from cheap!

the way many of the better cam's, seem to be working about price point t is having one cam as a base /or transmitter, and then being able to add a lot more cams off it
I think right now with one set up several cam makers, have it so you can add up to 25+ cams, in a 1+ mile area, all just being sent thru the one , to help save on costs
but there still not cheap, and well honestly still not perfect, but have come a LONG ways from my first cell cams'(back in about ( 2004 or so)
Old 06-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

You would want to make sure your settings don't send you a lot of pictures of grass or trees blowing in the wind. It's only batteries when you have a regular game cam but can get pretty pricey when you're paying for cell coverage to send those same pictures.