Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Spartan GoCam

Old 09-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Spike

Default Spartan GoCam

Hello guys,
Just received a spartan camera in the mail yesterday and got her all set up and in use for today. Had some pictures right off the start of some turkeys so that was reassuring as I was not sure how the whole system worked. I then began reading about credits and this and that so this raised some questions for me. Are credits different then the phone plan? Also, when trying to communicate with the camera, does the camera only communicate back to the portal when the motion is triggered? I requested for a status update but I am not sure if that is something I have to wait for until the camera somehow communicates back to the server? I am curious as to how this all works. Thanks ahead of time for replies!
Old 09-20-2019, 03:18 PM
Spike

Yes, the credits are different from your cellular plan. The credits are $3 a month and pays for the server. New cameras come with 1 month free. You can buy a group of credits by clicking "my account" in the Spartan app. You don't need them but everything works better if you keep them paid up. If your camera has video, you need credits to view them. A status report can take an hour or so to show up on your smartphone or computer. My Spartan sends a status report every day at 5am. You can do that in the app.