Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Some of my pictures this year (picture heavy) >

Some of my pictures this year (picture heavy)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Some of my pictures this year (picture heavy)

Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BrushyPines
Only thing you can do is hunt as much as you can and hunt the wind. Might want to try out a different spot he's going to, if you know of any more places he's visiting. With you getting busted by him and as smart as he is, I don't think he'll be visiting that specific spot again.
I'm not positive he knows what he was smelling He didn't spook he just turned and walked away (like the big boys usually do). I only have one picture of him in the daylight and that was Aug 4th. I got some pictures of him real early in the morning though and took a guess on where he was bedding from there and set up about 100 yards out and sure enough he was there.

I'll try to see what he does next. I figure a buck like that probably smells something he don't care for several times a day and avoids it but doesn't relocate. If anything he is probably more likely to just go full blown nocturnal than relocate.

I'll see how it goes. I thought I had a chance and I took it. He got me this time.

This is him a couple times last week at the location where I almost got a shot

and this is him at my other stand location early in the morning
Old 11-04-2015, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Are you catching him on camera frequently in that location? Seems like if he's there a lot & he's moving that early, you're probably very close to where he beds.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you catching him on camera frequently in that location? Seems like if he's there a lot & he's moving that early, you're probably very close to where he beds.
Yeah I'm pretty close. The picture facing the camera he is going right under my stand pretty much and its about 100 yards from where he was bedding recently. That is where I almost had him. Unfortunately its in a bottom with swirling winds so its hard to hunt.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

He's too active, I think you'll catch him slipping with the wind in your favor. Hopefully the next picture you post of him will be with you in it! Good luck, RP
Old 11-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's too active, I think you'll catch him slipping with the wind in your favor. Hopefully the next picture you post of him will be with you in it! Good luck, RP
Thanks, I'm headed back tonight to hunt until Sunday.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well didn't see the big boy this time. Let number one walk right under me twice and number 10 was very close to in range a couple times but gave me the slip both times. Wife called last night and said we could use some meat so I took a doe this morning.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rockport
Well didn't see the big boy this time. Let number one walk right under me twice and number 10 was very close to in range a couple times but gave me the slip both times. Wife called last night and said we could use some meat so I took a doe this morning.
Good deal! I'm trying to fill the freezer as well, so I took a fat ol' nanny this morning too. Cold front is coming through thursday. Going to be patient this weekend & see if an ol' buck will slip up.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Spike

Great thread! I like your style, buddy.
Good hunting!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I botched it and missed a monster. First time in years so I guess I was due. The doe jumped into the timber and he was fixing to follow. I rushed it and missed completely. It all came together and I just didn't get it done. Also passed on #1 a few more times.

I did shoot a giant doe the next evening though
Old 12-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry bud, been busy & haven't checked in a while. Yea I'd say thats a giant! Around my neck of the woods (MS), you see very few killed that big. How much she weigh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.