Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback / flash or no flash ? >

Cuddeback / flash or no flash ?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback / flash or no flash ?

Old 09-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Spike

Default Cuddeback / flash or no flash ?

We have got about 8 cameras out now and most are flash and I was wondering if the flash scares or bothers the deer because as the season progresses we move cameras on heavy trails and scrapes. just want some input from you guys. Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by lukec19834
We have got about 8 cameras out now and most are flash and I was wondering if the flash scares or bothers the deer because as the season progresses we move cameras on heavy trails and scrapes. just want some input from you guys. Thanks
Ive seen pictures of deers jumping away on 2nd and 3nd flash, so I would say it can for sure scare them, but they eventually get use to it and it has no effect on them, but infared is still a better choice.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by optichunter
Ive seen pictures of deers jumping away on 2nd and 3nd flash, so I would say it can for sure scare them, but they eventually get use to it and it has no effect on them, but infared is still a better choice.
they still jump from them as well....but like you said they get used to the flashes...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even if it does spook them it doesn't really matter. I only need to see a given deer one time to know it's at least in the area. I'm not trying to pattern a deer (seeing it multiple times), I just want to have an idea of what's in my woods.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I've used flash for years and have seen pictures of deer jump, but they usually stay right there or come right back. Most of the time it doesn't bother them. I've had hundreds of pictures of the same deer coming back day after day without getting spooked.