Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Looking for a game camera... >

Looking for a game camera...

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Looking for a game camera...

Old 09-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a game camera...

I was looking and you guys have some great pictures. I hope this isn't misplaced as I am new to these forums... I'm looking for a good game cam but there are so many to choose from. Are there any you guys use that you can connect wirelessly to from the base of the tree so you don't have to get to the card? I've seen wireless ones but they seem to work on cell towers.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:38 AM
Spike

There are some that transmit to a base unit so you don't have to go to the camera to swap cards. But I have never run one so I know little about them.

Personally I am a fan of the Covert cameras, they have good trigger, outstanding battery life and take a quality pic. The Red40 is my "go to" camera, really good flash range and picture quality. While it's not a black flash the flash duration is very short and I haven't had any camera avoidance issues on the Red40 cameras. Another plus for them is the customer service is fantastic, if you have an issue with a camera they will help you out.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

go to wildviewweb.com and you will find a lot of pictures from different cam including buckeye cam and other manufacturers of wireless units.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Spike

Thanks to both of you! At least you have me in a direction. All the websites I had been looking at were looking like some fake chinese website with poor translation. I'll do some research now!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Spike

Hey Prestoncohunter - what are you near in WV? Im in south central pa. Ive often thought about crossing over and seeing what all the fuss is about since I think your deer season in a few weeks before ours?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Spike

I'm in Preston county (northern WV- on the PA state line Fayette county I believe)

Our bow season opens this Saturday and our Rifle season opens the Monday of Thanksgiving week.

Deer numbers are pretty good, but large bucks are tough to find. Bear population is soaring, in fact almost growing too fast. Public land is hit pretty hard during the gun season but bow season public land is pretty good. Private land permission is a tougher nut to crack, but some permission can be located.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Recent fan of Covert and Spypoint game cameras.