Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie - Pictures are just black.  What's Up? >

Moultrie - Pictures are just black. What's Up?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie - Pictures are just black. What's Up?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie - Pictures are just black. What's Up?

At least half of the pictures from my Moultrie white flash trail cam have just been a dark screen. Like it took a picture but the flash didn't go off. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it an issue with the battery life? Not all pictures are like this.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now your trailcam sounds just like my Wildgame Innovations trailcam... I call that one my hit and miss trailcam. I have no idea why that is either. I did notice it uses the batteries up rather quickly though. If your Moultrie is using the batteries up quickly maybe that is why?? I really have no idea as sometimes mine will work perfectly and then here we go again..
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

What model is it I know the d-50 and d-40 have problems with their flash sometimes and you'll just have black pictures.. I had one that did the same thing. I just took it back to the store and traded for another one. It works just fine.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's the L-30. The batteries actually last a pretty long time.

Saturday it took 930 pictures in a 24 hour period. It was over a corn pile so there were a lot of squirrels, blue jays, crows, doe, racoons, etc.... but a good 500-600 were those black pictures.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Does it still give you the time? If they are night pictures it is most likely the flash. I'd send moultrie a message and ask them what they could do.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check your battery voltage with a digital meter. Any battery showing 1.0 to 1.2 volt and the camera will not work properly, or not at all. Even new batteries fresh out of the package may have a faulty one. Trail cameras go into a sleep mode to save power and wake up when they detect movement. A camera taking flash pictures at night will use up more power and if taking lots in close sequence, the camera battteries do not have time to recover some of the power. If this isn't the problem, if the camera is still under warranty, I would send it back. Moultrie cameras have a one year manufactures warranty. Good luck.