Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Good trail camrea >

Good trail camrea

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Good trail camrea

Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Good trail camrea

I was looking for a good cheap trail camrea that i can buy ive liked the primos trail camreas and i like the price but i was wondering if anyone else has any sugestions
Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only speak to the 3 brands I have used. Bushnell, Wildgame Innovations and Primos. I bought a bunch of the Wildgame Innovations because I needed several and didn't want to spend the equivilant of a house payment to get them. They work just fine. They don't have the features of the nicer cams and the battery life isn't as good but I get plenty of good pics from them.

No complaints from the Bushnell or the Primos. The primos is my favorite of the ones I've had though. Good battery life, good pictures, IR works well and the range is great for my application.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

junkmonkey17: I have seven of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. They are giving good service. Two year manufacture warranty and good customer service. I also have four of the Moultrie M100 which is a higher version of the M80. These are giving good service. One year manufacture warranty and good customer service. You may find a good deal on EBay but if the seller is not authorized by the manufacture, there is no warranty.
As for buying cheap, I realize every one has a place for their money. Cheap cameras is what you get. The manufacture of any product can not put expensive parts into a product and sell it cheap. You get what you pay for. Cheap cameras equal poor quality picture, video, white outs and blurry pictures. Some of the cheaper cameras are very hard on batteries. As an example, I had several of the WildView EZ Cam. This was an early version that only took pictures. When cameras came out that would take picture or video, I sold the WildView. Some cameras, the trigger time is too slow either missing the animal completely or only getting part of it.
If you haven't done so, view some of the pictures submitted on various camera forums, and if you have questions, email the member as I'm sure they would be happy to help you. Good luck in your choice.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Typical Buck

have a 2009 bushnell, a primos 46, and just purchased a bushnell x8 love my new bushnell great day pics and nice night fast trigger camera and sd card $149 got pics under my screenname here in trail cam section from the x-8
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Spike

i've got a truth cam 35. battery life is good. and it takes good pictures. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top manufacturers though.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I like Reconyx, Moultrie and Big Rack Trophy Products cameras. The most important thing to remember is make sure you buy a camera tha uses AA batteries or the battery life will not be good. Reconyx and the Big Rack cameras' offices are within 20 minutes of my house so if something goes wrong I take them in and they are fixed fast. Moultrie cameras are hit and miss with some being better that others. Check Ebay for deals.

Last edited by dbllunged; 10-02-2012 at 05:01 AM. Reason: 1
Old 10-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have enjoyed my Stealth Prowler although the trigger time could stand to be improved.

I would check out Amazon as well. They have some pretty good deals on trail cams.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Spike

Ive got a primos truth cam 35. Had it for three years now. Love it. Get thousands of pics on a set of batteries. Takes good pictures. Good range. Paid less than $100.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Bushnell Trophy Cam. 3 words - 2 year warranty. And they stand by it.

They have my business going forward.