Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
HELP, New Wildgame Innovations Camera >

HELP, New Wildgame Innovations Camera

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

HELP, New Wildgame Innovations Camera

Old 10-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Spike

Default HELP, New Wildgame Innovations Camera

So I finally upgraded this year to a Wildgame Innovations 8.0 megapixel trail cam with the infrared flash. Was using old 35MM Deer Cams the past 5 years. The problem is all summer I only got a couple deer and elk pictures. The 2GB card will hold over 2000 pictures. When I used the old 35MM (24 roll of film), I would have the film filled up within a week. I set the digital cameras in the same areas as the old 35's. Do I not have the resolution, image type, or PIR set right? I went by the instructions but had few pictures compared to past years. Is this not a good camera? I paid $105 for them each. Any thoughts to help me? Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Wilgame cameras don't have a fast trigger time in my opinion. I set it up with my spypoint camera this spring and the Wildgame cam missed almost 25% of the pics. But on the plus side for them they take good pictures and my survived being swatted off a tree last year by a bear.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

What is your delay set as?
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

you didnt say, but i take it yer cam isnt getting any pics. maybe you have yer cam pointed the wrong way, isnt there a way to aim it...and have ya ran by it and played with it to look and see what its catching?
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Spike

Id say its probably your delay setting mixed with wildgames slow trigger speed. Get a reconyx..youll never miss a thing! lol Hope you get it figured out
Old 10-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Spike

This is good trigger speed:
Attached Thumbnails HELP, New Wildgame Innovations Camera-ek000094.jpg  
Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

My older Wildgame Innovations cam has never taken that many pics. I call it my hit and miss cam. The pictures it does take are nice pics but just to many misses. I get a lot of night pics with it as well except the flash on it only works when it feels good or something. As most of them come out with absolutely nothing but darkness.

frogfurr..., I would like a little more info on your Bushnell. One does it take video as well? Is that model a flash cam? I am debating on getting another trail cam but want an IR with a quick trigger time that is capable of taking videos as well as pics.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Spike

Have the delay set at 15 seconds. Maybe its the trigger speed? I only averaged about 10 pictures over a 30 day time period.