Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie Trail Cam ? >

Moultrie Trail Cam ?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Trail Cam ?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moultrie Trail Cam ?

I am looking to purchase a Moultrie Trail Cam. My question is that I want one that takes color pics at night. Can this be done with an IR cam or is it achieved with a flash cam? All help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Moultrie d-55 is great
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

flash cam, another cam to look into is the covert reveal, I hear great reviews on that cam. Scoot
Old 08-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Banned

flash is what you want
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have three Moultrie D55-IR. They have given excellent service. These cameras are set for video. Night is black and white. All night video with Moultrie cameras is limited to 10 seconds. When set to video, Moultrie cameras take a picture first, then the video. Sometimes what one catches in the picture is missed in the video. In my area I am not allowed to use bait except during bear season. The field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it down loads.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have the flash and honestly it flashes so bright, it whites everything out....The IR is amazing
Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned...the D-55 will be a "White Flash" camera and will take color pic's day or night,the Cuddeback Capture "Flash" camera is another white flash camera for taking color pic's day or night....unlesss You don't want anyone messing with Your trail camera or finding it when it flashes the IR camera's are the way to go.

I have mostly Moultrie IR trail camera's and opted for 1 white flash camera because I was tired of only getting the black & white photo's of the Nocturnal Bucks at night...even if I didn't end up shooting them I wanted some color photo's of them no matter what!

I have found that the flash doesn't really bother them that much...heck I've had Deer look at and get scared of the red glow on my IR Camera's just as much or more than the white flash camera's!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally think that Moultrie flash cams are junk. Way too much whiteout.
I had two and stopped buying them.
Cuddeback makes one of the best flash cams around for cheap.