Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Anybody got a bushnell x8 >

Anybody got a bushnell x8

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Anybody got a bushnell x8

Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anybody got a bushnell x8

I was doing pretty good with my new eyecon quickshot day pics awesome then started taking pics of nothing and night pica looked like was in a dense fog found this is quite common so i bought a bushnell x8 cant depend on a camera its of no use to me
Old 08-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

matt068: I do not have the camera you mention. Here are a couple of ideas: 1)could this camera be set to video? If set to video, it may show what is causing it to trigger (weaving grass, leaves etc.) In the picture this is very hard to pick up unless the grass is bent well over due to high wind conditions. 2)if you have high tempertures in the day time with cool nights, or high humidity, this will cause the camera pictures to appear hazy or foggy at certain times. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

lilarrow been hot but one pic at night will be great next 2 foggy and when i say foggy you can barely make out animal and so on . Cant possibly be triggered by grass or branches moving all brush hogged. It sucks cause day pics are awesome and when working right night isnt bad go figure
Old 08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

matt068: Here are a couple of suggestions, which you may already have tried: 1)test your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery that shows 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. 2)format the SD card in your computer, preferably one that has not given any problem, if you have spare ones. If any SD card was used in a digital camera it has to be formatted as something goes wrong with either the software or file system and the trail camera cannot recognise the SD card. If the SD card is larger than what the camera can read this can also be a problem. In my case my 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras will accept 2GB SD cards. I also have the Moultrie M100 which will accept 4 and 8 GB. Putting one of these in the Bushnell, the screen came up but I was not able to enter or change any settings. Here is a list of SD cards I am using with good success: SanDisk, Lexar, Verbatim and Adapta. Several trail camera manufactures recommend SanDisk. If none of this seems to help, and no software up date is available for your camera, I would contact the manufacture, if the camera is still under warranty explaining what is happening. To return any camera to the manufacture, you have to obtain a return authorization number from the manufacture and pay one way shipping. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

bought online thru dicks sporting goods called they said return at any store did just that didnt even ask what was wrong with it credited me full value. Bushnell been out a few days gonna let go bout 2 more days to check make sure all is working ok