HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anybody got a bushnell x8
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

matt068: Here are a couple of suggestions, which you may already have tried: 1)test your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery that shows 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. 2)format the SD card in your computer, preferably one that has not given any problem, if you have spare ones. If any SD card was used in a digital camera it has to be formatted as something goes wrong with either the software or file system and the trail camera cannot recognise the SD card. If the SD card is larger than what the camera can read this can also be a problem. In my case my 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras will accept 2GB SD cards. I also have the Moultrie M100 which will accept 4 and 8 GB. Putting one of these in the Bushnell, the screen came up but I was not able to enter or change any settings. Here is a list of SD cards I am using with good success: SanDisk, Lexar, Verbatim and Adapta. Several trail camera manufactures recommend SanDisk. If none of this seems to help, and no software up date is available for your camera, I would contact the manufacture, if the camera is still under warranty explaining what is happening. To return any camera to the manufacture, you have to obtain a return authorization number from the manufacture and pay one way shipping. Good luck.