Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddy Back Camera Question >

Cuddy Back Camera Question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddy Back Camera Question

Old 11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Spike

Default Cuddy Back Camera Question

Has anyone had problems with their cuddies taking night pictures?

I am going to have to send mine back to get it fixed .
Has anyone else had to send one back>\?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try NEW batteries. If you are going to send it in call them first to get a return authorization number. You are asking for trouble if you do it any other way.

Last edited by janesburg; 11-28-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get ready for a bunch of hassle. What they will probably want to do is sell you another one at a slightly reduced price. Their CS doesn't have a very good reputation. Good luck, let us know how it works out.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kyboydbowhunter
Has anyone had problems with their cuddies taking night pictures?

I am going to have to send mine back to get it fixed .
Has anyone else had to send one back>\?
As janesburg mentioned, try new batteries. Test the batteries you were using with a digital meter. When any one battery drops to 1.0 to 1.2 volt, trail cameras will not function properly, or not at all. Even new batteries, fresh out of the package may have a faulty one. Some of the stores sell batteries rated at 1.2 volt. Don't waste your money on these. 1.2 volt rechargeable (Energizer) will test 1.2 to 1.28 out of the package and can be bumped up to 1.38 to 1.44 volt. These are a slow drain battery, but you do not have the extra voltage that a 1.5 has to start with. I am using Pure Energy rechargeables that show 1.5 volt on the package and testing are found to be 1.55 volt. These batteries can be bumped up to 1.6 plus volts. These batteries are available at most WalMarts.
Batteries used in colder weather will not put out the full voltage.
Good luck.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Spike

i think it is the problem of sensor, i have a friend who purhcased Cuddy Back Camera and has the same question.
maybe you can try some new cameras.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the Capture IR Trail Camera...It wouldn't stay connected with the batteries,the night time IR pictures were awful...it would barely carry out 10-15 feet and I couldn't get it to up-grade thru the Cuddeback Site....luckly I had my reciept and I took it back to where I bought it and got me a Moultrie I-60 and it never let me down.

Fast forward to a few years later....I recently bought me the Cuddeback Capture "Flash" trail camera and simply love it...it takes great day-time/night-time color pictures and has a very fast trigger speed.I would reccomend it over the Cuddeback IR camera any day of the week.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 12-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had 2 Captures for 2-3yrs and never had a problem.
As stated before, try some new namebrand batteries and set it up at the house to see if that helps before sending it back. Their CS sucks from what I'm heard.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

PNut...was it the Capture IR or the regular Capture white "Flash" trail camera?Kinda confusing but the IR Cuddeback I had was problems from day 1 when I got it...I'm sure there are good and bad camera's with any brands out there,as far as my Moultrie's...they worked great for me over the past 3-5 years!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine are flash. The older IR's have always had problems with the images being grainy.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Spike

Did you check to see if the firmware is up to date? I was having issues with my capture and updated the firmware from their website and now it's working like new again. The website has good instructions on how to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.