Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie M80

Old 09-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Spike

Default Moultrie M80

I have two M80 cams. Really like them, but having an issue with one now. Only had it a month. I checked the other day and when I switch to a card I used only for this cam I noticed the screen said card err. I tried several other cards too. I also noticed it takes a while to light up and come on. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I call Moultrie.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

MTBowhunter:if you haven't already done so, try this: 1)reformat your card in your computer, 2)check your batteries with a digital meter. One or more low battery can cause a camera to do funny things. By low, I mean 1.0 or lower voltage. I recently had a Moultrie D55-IR that would take a picture, but not the video. It had taken several pictures and videos. Checking, I found one battery had failed. I use rechargeables and just had to recharge the batteries. If the batteries are functioning properly, they all should read approximately the same even after some use, in other words their voltage should drop close to the same amount. The battery indication on the cameras does not help very much, because once a battery drops to 1.0 to 1.2 volt, the camera will not function properly or not at all. The batteries in that voltage range will still have enough power to operate a flashlight.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Spike

I had this problem as well. I took the camera down and was about to return it. I discovered the card i put in had some kind of extra folder on it from another camera my friend uses. Just had to use a different card and it worked well. I have 2 M80s and like them well. Pretty dependable for a feeder but blurry pics on trails. I love the bushnell trophy cams 8.0, just wish they had the nite picture quality of the M80.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

My m80 did the same thing "card err" . I formated it , stuck it in the cam and it did it again , took it out , reinstalled it , and works like a charm .
Old 10-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

a cheep card reader is what it is sounding like...need to get the card in there where the brass aligns up inside, sounds like it is missing the connections...sometimes the connects get tarnished, so in and out a few times roughs the metal up enough to get contact...maybe smear a lil oil on the card and put it in a few times will create a barrier on the inside components so they wont corrode as fast.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

*Never* put oil on electronic equipment unless you want to short it out.