Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie M80 SD card question >

Moultrie M80 SD card question

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie M80 SD card question

Old 08-22-2011, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie M80 SD card question

For those forum members using the Moultrie M80 trail camera "set for video" what brand of card and card speed (#2, 4, 6, 8 etc.) are you using. Are these playing the video back without freezes and starts when using the SD card in the computer? Thanks for the information and help.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

sorry i can't help ya on the video part. im planning on trying that out in a month or so on a scrape. i have had nothing but good luck with the m80s so far tho! Fact i love em! I just use various 4gb cards. Nothing special, but like I said, not much help on the video part. I would think most cards should work fine. Good luck and enjoy that cam
Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NEBRbruiser
sorry i can't help ya on the video part. im planning on trying that out in a month or so on a scrape. i have had nothing but good luck with the m80s so far tho! Fact i love em! I just use various 4gb cards. Nothing special, but like I said, not much help on the video part. I would think most cards should work fine. Good luck and enjoy that cam
I just recently bought the M100 model and am having the video play back problems when using the 2GB #2 Sd card (SanDisk or Lexar) in the computer (freezing, then starting, freezing and starting). The card was formatted in the computer. Viewing with the camera or connecting the camera by USB to the computer everything plays properly. Another forum member mentioned possible SD card issue. I also emailed Moultrie but they haven't had time to respond. Going to a higher # SD card puts them into SDHC class. The camera is supposed to be capable of handling up to 32 GB which is far more than I require for capacity. This is why I inquired about the M80. These cards work excellent in my othe Moultrie D55-IR, Spy Point IRB and the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. The cards are all formatted in my computer plus the ones going into the Bushnell get formatted there as well. Thanks.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checked with an electronics shop in the city today. They said my problem may be the SD card or the card reader in my computer. I bought some SanDisk 4GB #4 cards. I could not do anything with them in the computer. Connecting my M100 camera to the computer by way of a USB cable everything worked fine. I was able to delete and reformat the card this way. As soon as you go above the 2GB card, this puts you into SDHC. Checking this electronic shops website, they list a 17 into 1 card reader which is good for 17 different varieties of cards. In Canada this lists for $39.76 Canadian. This sounds like the answer to my problem, plus good for any future upgrades I may do.