Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie M100 Camera Question >

Moultrie M100 Camera Question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie M100 Camera Question

Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie M100 Camera Question

I just recently purchased the M100 camera and have been testing out the functions around home. I have this camera set for video, where it takes a picture first, then the video. When playing the video back in my computer (Windows XP operating system), the video plays a little, freezes, plays a little, then freezes again, doing this until the video viewing is completed. I have tried Lexar and San Disk 2GD cards with a #2. Both cards were formatted in my computer before using. These cards have worked excellent in the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR. To operate properly in this camera, do I have to go to a card with a higher reading say #4, #6 ,#8 etc.? Thanks for your help.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did some more testing on the M100 camera. Viewing the videos through the camera viewing screen, they work 100% with no freezes and starts. I then plugged the USB cord into the computer first, then with the camera in the off position, I plugged the USB cord into the camera. After a short time the computer acknowledged the USB etc. as new found hardware which it is supposed to. The camera shows the USB on the viewing screen. (The camera is left in the off position). Double click "my computer" icon on the computer screen, select the drive that the camera is on and double click. This opens up for your camera pictures and videos. Double clicking on a video, it played 100% with no freezes or starts, as happened when just using the USB card in the computer. Results: 1)this camera format on the SD card may not be fully compatible with the computer, 2)may need a faster SD card as was suggested to me on another forum, this I'll purchase and retest.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checking with an electronics store today, I was told it could be the SD card or the card reader in the computer. I purchased some SanDisk 4Gb #4 cards and they wouldn't do anything in the computer. Hooking my camera up to the computer by way of a USB cable everything worked. I could delete and reformat the SD card this way. Any card over 2GB puts it into SDHC. Checking the electronic store website, they list a 17 into 1 card reader which is good for 17 various cards etc. The price is $39.76 Canadian. This card reader connects to the computer with an enclosed USB cable.

Last edited by littlearrow; 08-24-2011 at 07:42 PM.