Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
My next project.... >

My next project....

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

My next project....

Old 08-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Spike

Question My next project....

Now that the "BlackFlash" Homebrew has been OFFICIALLY CONQUERED I am gonna do a multi-purpose build. Gonna use a Sony W290 for the build. Gonna put a time lapse board in it so it can be used as a 12mp Plotwatcher camera. Also gonna use a SP Bigfoot board in there as well. That will give me video use as well as a regular PIR trailcamera. Also adding a Slave VIV 2800 whiteflash to it as well. This unit can be used for 4 cameras in one then. A Plotwatcher camera, a regular trailcamera using the cameras flash, a whiteflash food plot camera by turning the slave power on, and a Daytime only video unit with true sound. What do you guys think??? Do you guys think there is a need for a unit such as this??? This would give the owner alot of options in a single unit.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FIREMANJIM01
Now that the "BlackFlash" Homebrew has been OFFICIALLY CONQUERED I am gonna do a multi-purpose build. Gonna use a Sony W290 for the build. Gonna put a time lapse board in it so it can be used as a 12mp Plotwatcher camera. Also gonna use a SP Bigfoot board in there as well. That will give me video use as well as a regular PIR trailcamera. Also adding a Slave VIV 2800 whiteflash to it as well. This unit can be used for 4 cameras in one then. A Plotwatcher camera, a regular trailcamera using the cameras flash, a whiteflash food plot camera by turning the slave power on, and a Daytime only video unit with true sound. What do you guys think??? Do you guys think there is a need for a unit such as this??? This would give the owner alot of options in a single unit.
Sounds absolutely great. Some of you guys are so talented, I am just a little jealous. Will you be doing any sort of mod to the whte-flash? I know they are not as strong as say an S600. By the way, did you receive the W290 and board I mailed to you?

To all my HNI buds, if you are looking to get into homebrews, this guy is your man. I will personally vouch for him and his work.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Spike

Yep...Got the 290 and the board. Thanks. Due to the somewhat weak flash of the 290 that is the reason this build will have a Slave in it.