Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie M80 versus Moultrie M100 Questions >

Moultrie M80 versus Moultrie M100 Questions

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie M80 versus Moultrie M100 Questions

Old 08-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie M80 versus Moultrie M100 Questions

1) Disregarding the price which camera would you prefer and why?
2) I haven't contacted Moultrie yet, but on there site there is a software update for each camera. Does anyone know if this is to correct the faulty 15 second delay at manufacture time or is this for something else?
3) Reading the review on Chasingame, there appears to be a discrepency in a) delay time and b) the size of GB card Moultrie suggests and what the instructions suggest using: up 16Gb as compared to up to 32 GB. What size are you using?
4) When set for video, does these cameras take a picture first, then the video like earlier models?
5) I "yes" to question #4 has anyone tried the video setting and if so how does the day time picture versus video compare (clear picture or faded video) or both clear?
I'm considering purchasing one of these cameras and appreciate your comments. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have either camera but from what I've read, the M100 is just not worth the extra coin. It is more MP but honestly, most computers can't handle anything more than 3-4 mp. I believe the software update is to correct the problem you mention. These look like interesting units, ones I'd be interested in, but I always like to wait until a camera has sold enough units to see what problems guys are having. Usually in the second year the manufacturer works out the bugs.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I have the M80x and i run a 16gb card with no issues. I havent tried a 32gb, personally i dont feel the need to. As far as the discrepency they describe i have found this to be true. But understand when you set it to take a 3 pic burst you set the time it takes in between the pics during the burst. For example if u set it for 5 seconds and a 3 pic burst it goes. pic 1, then 5 seconds then pic 2, then 5 seconds and so on. You can also set the time of delay between the the bursts which is what i think you're asking and yes like i said it is there as they describe. I hope that wasn't to confusing??

I like being able to set the time in between each pic in the burst, if i wanted them closer i'd just use the time lapse feature or the hybrid mode.

In video mode, Yes it snaps a pic 1st so you can record the time and date at the bottom of the pic and then the video will start.

On moultries site i only see the update for the M100. If there's an update for the M80 could you post a link please?

Last edited by leadoperator; 08-09-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

And to answer your other question why i bought the m80, I don't like viewers and i didn't feel the need for more mp's or password protection.

Last edited by leadoperator; 08-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

leadoperator: here is the link.
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/catol...tid=gamecamera
Scroll down and select mini cams. Click on full details on either M-80 or M-100.
Now scroll down and select downloads. This will show updates.
If the link doesn't open you may have to type it. I'm not too good at this link business.
Checking this link, Moultrie website comes up with an error and says "try again". Click on "try again". When this site opens, select "trail cameras" in the left column. Now select "Mini Cams New For 2011". Then follow the above which will get you to the updates.

Last edited by littlearrow; 08-09-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Problems opening the Moultriefeeders.com website
Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Typical Buck

yeah it'll let me get the manual but i cant get into the software update it says webpage cant be found.

I can download the update for m100 but i dont know if it can be used for the m80 as well. I'll have to call them and see.

Last edited by leadoperator; 08-09-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with PJ. and Lead, I when I bought My-80 cams I didnt see any features to justify the difference in price. Like lead I have no nead for a picture viewer I just switch cards out and get out of the area.
As far as SD cards I only use Sandisk 2gb (class 2) cards. They are only $6.20 each and I need alot of them and since I never go more than 6 weeks between cam checks and the fact that I never had a 2gb. card full when I check my cams (even when I running my feeders) there is just no need for me to buy more expensive cards. Actually I dont think I have had a 1 gb. card filled up when I use to use them. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-09-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by leadoperator
yeah it'll let me get the manual but i cant get into the software update it says webpage cant be found.

I can download the update for m100 but i dont know if it can be used for the m80 as well. I'll have to call them and see.
Sorry about that. When I saw "software update", I just assumed it was available. If I had one of those cameras, I would have tried to download. I got the same information you did. Again, I'm sorry.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

J Pike: You answered a question that I was wondering about (whether I could use my 2GB Sd cards in either the M80 or M100 cameras). I do like several forum members, just swap out my cards and view on the computer. The majority of my cards at present are 2GB. I was in a WalMart store in Canada yesterday. They had the M100 in stock, but not the M80. The M100 listed at $199.99, similiar to Cabelas price. Purchasing here saves quite a bit of postage shipping to Canada for the same camera price.
To the other members that have submitted replies, suggestions and comments, many thanks. This is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to the updates that are currently available for Moultrie cams. Pike

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/softwareupdates/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.