Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Got a moultrie question >

Got a moultrie question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Got a moultrie question

Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Got a moultrie question

Well I just bought a couple new moultrie's to put out on our lease this year. And I've been testing them out before I go to our lease this weekend. The new ones are Moultrie Mini M-80X IR and so far besides the size of them I'm not really seeing much difference in them and my old ones from a couple years back. One thing I cannot figure out the red aim laser just sucks it may shoot out about 5 feet, unlike my old I40 IR's they seem to go forever which made it real easy to line up. I'm not sure if it's a flaw or if they just down graded the laser.
Also it seems when the cam takes a picture it says (taking) and then the screen goes blank unlike the old's where it just took a pic and moved on to the next pic. I dunno maybe I just expected it to be a little better or I'm missing a setting, wasn't sure if anyone else has had this problem. One pro is the battery life meter is very nice and they take double A's instead of the big ol D batteries.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woodsmaster742: Maybe send Moultrie an email if you haven't already. I had good customer service with them in regards to emails. It may take a few days to get a reply and even a bit longer if a weekend or holiday is involved. They may even have a software upgrade. I liked the idea where they went to AA batteries, thus reducing camera size. I have 3 of the Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR and after downloading the software to reduce the delay to 5 seconds, have been very happy with them. When set to video, the camera takes a picture first, then the video. Also the field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. Moultrie says this is due to resolution downloads differently. Night video is limited to 10 seconds. Moultrie at that time was not planning to lengthen the night video due to extra battery power consumption. Good luck.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks buddy, I'll shoot them over an email! That would be nice if it just had a software update.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Woodsmaster742....go to www.chasingame.com and go to the Moultrie Camera Section and see if anyone else has had the same problem with their M-80?Maybe You'll find or get a quicker answer to Your problem if Moultrie doesn't get back with You fast enough?

LittleArrow...how do You download or get the update for Your D-55IR Camera?I'd like to get it for my D-55IR Camera also...I'm not thirilled with the delay on mine and would like to speed it up.Is there anything else that the update will improve on the D-55IR Camera? Thanks for any help GTOHunter

Last edited by GTOHunter; 06-28-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've dealt with Moultrie CS twice and they suck.
Horrible customer service!
I ended up selling the cams and never buying another one of their cams because of it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
Woodsmaster742....go to www.chasingame.com and go to the Moultrie Camera Section and see if anyone else has had the same problem with their M-80?Maybe You'll find or get a quicker answer to Your problem if Moultrie doesn't get back with You fast enough?
Awesome! Gonna give the update a try when I get home, pretty slick website they got and love the fact on how the pay attention to all the details. Thanks bud
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

GTOHunter: Type the following in Google Search box: http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...-mfh-dgs-d55ir
Scroll down to "New Software Update Available Here" and click on it.
This opens to a new page. Select DGS-D55IR which is the model of camera you require.
This opens up to the page DGS-D55IR Software Updates. Now just follow their instructions. I saved my information in "Favorites" at the top bar on my computer (Windows XP) operating system. Once I downloaded the software update to an SD card,
I just kept this on the card for future use. I ended up with 3 of that model camera, so downloaded the update on each one.
**Just type in "Moultriefeeders.com" in the google search box, then follow through my instructions. The above link I posted failed and said item out of stock. Or using that link when it comes to item out of stock: on this page at the top type in D55-IR software update. Then clik enter. When the page opens, scroll down to the D55-IR camera and click on "full" details to open into the next page. Now follow the above instructions.

Last edited by littlearrow; 06-29-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Information link failed to open selection.