Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

spypoint ir6

Old 05-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default spypoint ir6

does anybody own one of these spypoint cams, and what are there inputs good or bad? they look like really good cams. does anybody have pictures or video from them. ive been to chasingame and the people seem to really like this cam. its a toss up between d55 ir, moultrie i90 and the spypoint. leaning towards spypoint. thanks for any input.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigmster127: I have three of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR trail cameras. When set for video these cameras take a picture first, then the video. The video of the same object is narrower than the picture. Contacting Moultrie, they replied: "It is do to the resolution it downloads differently". I also found the color to be an off color or faded look as compared to other trail cameras. I have had excellent customer service when emailing Moultrie. These are a larger camera that uses 6 "C" batteries. One year warrenty. Night video is limited to 10 seconds.
For Spy Point, I have two of the IRB model. These are good cameras, but rather large and use 6 "C" batteries. Spy Point has given good customer service. One year warranty. The cameras are manufactured in Quebec, Canada. These cameras can be set for picture or video.
Of the two brands in the above mentioned models, I would take Spy Point ahead of Moultrie. This Moultrie model is approximately half the price of the Spy Point here in Canada. Wal Mart and Canadian Tire carries the Moultrie D55-IR in Canada with Canadian Tire priced approximately $60.00 more in the same city. Both cameras take black and white night video, color in the daytime. Good luck in your choice.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the Spypoint.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the Spypoint too.
Moultrie's customer support sucks balls!