HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - spypoint ir6
Thread: spypoint ir6
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:50 PM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

bigmster127: I have three of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR trail cameras. When set for video these cameras take a picture first, then the video. The video of the same object is narrower than the picture. Contacting Moultrie, they replied: "It is do to the resolution it downloads differently". I also found the color to be an off color or faded look as compared to other trail cameras. I have had excellent customer service when emailing Moultrie. These are a larger camera that uses 6 "C" batteries. One year warrenty. Night video is limited to 10 seconds.
For Spy Point, I have two of the IRB model. These are good cameras, but rather large and use 6 "C" batteries. Spy Point has given good customer service. One year warranty. The cameras are manufactured in Quebec, Canada. These cameras can be set for picture or video.
Of the two brands in the above mentioned models, I would take Spy Point ahead of Moultrie. This Moultrie model is approximately half the price of the Spy Point here in Canada. Wal Mart and Canadian Tire carries the Moultrie D55-IR in Canada with Canadian Tire priced approximately $60.00 more in the same city. Both cameras take black and white night video, color in the daytime. Good luck in your choice.