Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Some of my builds >

Some of my builds

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Some of my builds

Old 02-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buckaddict
Are you selling any of the ones that are left? If so, how much are you selling them for?
No sorry I dont. I sell them to a few friends and family and coworkers pretty much at what they cost me to build. Mainly because if something happens then I have just have them bring it over to check it out instead of having someone 3 states over mad cause theirs quit working and paying shipping both ways and parts would get expensive .
Old 02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

very nice jobs, Yes building your very own homebrew is AWESOME ;-) start my first one about a week after deer season and am on my 3rd one already LOL
Old 02-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

What website are you guys using for your homebrews?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Derag2
What website are you guys using for your homebrews?

Heres 2 that have a lot of info.

http://realdealhuntingchat.invisionzone.com/index.php?
http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?act=index

Heres 1 that describes some of the cameras. Hasnt been updated in a while so there are quite a few new ones you can hack as well.

http://www.depreyswildlife.com/Mods/...ameraMods.html

You can also go to archerytalk.com and go to the camera section and there are some people on there that build them as well. Its a really fun hobby and you cant beat the pic quality. Another big plus is if 1 breaks down I can usually fix it or replace the part myself. I get excellent customer service like that
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fasterem
very nice jobs, Yes building your very own homebrew is AWESOME ;-) start my first one about a week after deer season and am on my 3rd one already LOL

Its worse than crack lol. I got into building them around 2003 maybe a little sooner when the D380's were popular. I had 18 at one time! It got to be to much of a problem keeping up with them so I'm down to 6 now. I actually had "lost" one and didnt even know it. Walked up on it during spring turkey season the next year lol
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Are these things as reliable as store bought ones? Or do you spend as much time fixing as your do making them? I wouldn't mind trying to make some for fun.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to try making one but afraid im gonna ruin the camera...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Derag2
Are these things as reliable as store bought ones? Or do you spend as much time fixing as your do making them? I wouldn't mind trying to make some for fun.

In my opinion they are more reliable. I've built several over the years and out of all of those only had 2 cameras quit working. In both instances it was the CCD that went bad. There was actually a recall on 1 but I never sent it in caused I had hacked it but know of others that did and they fixed them. Bought 2 more cameras off ebay and was back in business. I have never had board fail me yet.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
I want to try making one but afraid im gonna ruin the camera...

Its really simple. Theres a few cameras that are hard to hack but overall most are easy. After you get by the intimidating factor on the first one or two you can fly through the rest.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

About how much money would you have in a good one? the s600 lets say...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.