Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
2010 Bushnell Trophycam Problems >

2010 Bushnell Trophycam Problems

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2010 Bushnell Trophycam Problems

Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2010 Bushnell Trophycam Problems

Hi everyone,

I know I'm not the first one to have this problem, and I tried searching to find an answer but couldn't find one other than returning the camera to trailcampro.

I bought the '10 Trophycam about 100 days ago (their guarantee goes through 90 days - what timing, right??) and the camera is consistently taking pictures of nothing - it seemed to happen through November, then i put it back out November 28th, and by December 1st it was full of pictures, mainly of nothing. I brought it back home to test, and have had it in the back yard the past few days and it's taking pictures continuously, so most of them are blank. I switched the camera to low sensitivity yesterday, and when i checked it today there were about 800 blank pictures - so i'm assuming the camera is shot.

Sorry for the long story, but I was wondering if anyone ever found a solution to this problem, or if it's something I have to go to Bushnell for. If so, has anyone sent a camera back to them and what was the experience like?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Spike

I think the lense is broken,the sensor can't catch the image any more.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was a common problem on their first shipments I too had the same issue and sent it back to trailcampro and they replaced it immediately. I have heard there is a software update on Bushnell's website but I don't know if the update is addressing your problem or not. I would call trailcampro and see if they offer any solutions. I have heard the turn around time for sending a cam back to Bushnell is lengthy but that might be your only option. Good luck!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Since the warranty with trailcampro was up i am ending up going through bushnell directly - they guy on the phone wouldn't give me much insight, just kept repeating that it has to go through repairs and it takes 2-4 weeks and that's it.

I would assume they've had to deal with it a lot, he was pretty quick about sending me an email with instructions for sending it in for replacement. I FedEx'd it yesterday, so I'll try to update as possible so if anyone else has to go through this you'll know what to expect.

Wish me luck!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boogeyman24: Sorry to hear your camera is out of service, but better now than in scouting season. Not knocking the distributors, but going straight to the manufacture, especially after the 90 days, I would say is the best solution. Bushnell offers a two year warranty. I have emailed them with different questions and have received good customer service. If you can find a 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera, these have been excellent. I have seven of them. With this model make sure to have the new or fully recharged batteries in the bottom section. Each section is wired in series, then the two sections are wired in parrallal. For some reason, the camera draws power from the lower section.
Some forum members mentioned that the 2010 model is built by a different manufacture for Bushnell than the 2009 model. On the back of the package, on the lower right side you will see the something like this: LIT. #:98-1436/04-09. Model #: 119415CN I took this from one of my camera packages. 04 is the 4th. month which is "April". 09 is the year "2009". The CN at the end of the model number in this case stands for "Canadian" as this was where it was manufactured for. Wishing you the best of luck.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the information littlearrow, appreciate it. i actually got the replacement camera from bushnell today, which is much quicker than expected. basically had to pay to ship the old one back to their repair facility in kansas ($8) and give them a check ($10) for return shipping, and received a brand new camera in case 2 weeks later. fingers crossed that this one will last.

my lit. # is 98-1478/09-09, so it looks like i may have gotten the 09 model? hope so as like you said those apparently had a lot less problems.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boogeyman24: From the information you supplied: 09-09, the camera was manufactured in (09) September of (09) 2009. I hope everything works out for you. Mine are still working 100%.