Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Does the bushell trophy cam... >

Does the bushell trophy cam...

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Does the bushell trophy cam...

Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Spike

Default Does the bushell trophy cam...

Does the bushel trophy cam really last a year w/out changing batteries??
Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

With lithiums it might, really depends on how many pics it takes. But using alkaliines it is definately realistic to expect 6-8 months.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Scoutguard SG550 which is basically the same guts as the BTC and it will last about 8months on alkalines and then I use lithiums in the cold months and it's 4yrs old.
Its usually in the woods in a lockbox for about 10months of the yr.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

I was wondering the same thing...I see Walmart has a 5 megapixel BTC for $147. Do these work the same way? Thinking of trying one but I have heard such mixed reviews on the BTC that is it hard to get away from Reconyx or Moultrie.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
With lithiums it might, really depends on how many pics it takes. But using alkaliines it is definately realistic to expect 6-8 months.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
I completely agree
Old 01-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dbllunged
I was wondering the same thing...I see Walmart has a 5 megapixel BTC for $147. Do these work the same way? Thinking of trying one but I have heard such mixed reviews on the BTC that is it hard to get away from Reconyx or Moultrie.
Putting Reconyx and Moultrie in the same sentence in positive way is just wrong.
I will never own another Moultrie because their cams are crap and their CS is even worse.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

So many variables..

Does it take 3 pics or 30 pics a day, mostly day pics or night pics?
What about videos?
I've had my TC in video mode for a week now, captured roughly 10 mins of night video.
Prior to that, it was in 3 burst mode with a 2 min delay, 8 sec delay when it was on a trail, probably 1,000 pics total, 80% of those being night pics.
Yesterday was the first time the battery indicator moved off 3 bars, ultra lithiums installed in early Oct.
So now I'm going to start carrying a replacement set in with me.
I would say 3-4 months when the camera is really busy, especially at night like mine.
Make sure to use quality batteries, digital cams eat cheap batteries like pringles.
Temperatures will also have an affect on battery life.

Oh yeah, a year...
Probably possible under certain conditions.

Last edited by onion721; 01-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Spike

Bushnells ad says that it`s based on an average temperature of 30 degrees Fahrenheit at a rate of 30 images a day.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Like others have said it depends on temperature and the number of pictures taken. I can say I've been very impressed witht he battery life though as I have a camera out right now that I started in July and still have going with the battery indicator showing two of three bars left. It's taken several thousand pictures and has now been in sub freezing temps for about a month and a half. The only problem I had with my first TC is that the bear liked the taste of it...it still runs just fine after I did a repair job on the case with epoxy...Now every camera I own goes in a bear box.