Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback? or Bushnell? >

Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: Cuddeback? or Bushnell?
Cuddeback Capture
51.85%
Bushnell Trophy Cam (2010 model)
48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Spike

Default Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

I have the choice to get either one of these two cameras...Cuddeback CAPTURE (only capture), or Bushnell Trophy Cam (2010 model only).. Which cam do you think I should get? I'm kinda stuck between the two and can't decide. What do you think?
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forums, hope your time here is both informative and entertaining. I have owned both cameras you mention and would not buy either one again. They both have several issues.

Blessings......Pastorjim

I rethought this question and to answer your question, if I could only buy one of those two and had no other choices, I would choose the Bushnell.

Last edited by PastorJim08; 12-31-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Spike

Thanks Pastorjim08...What went wrong with your cameras?

(ps..I see your from Indiana, so am I!)
Old 12-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buckaddict
Thanks Pastorjim08...What went wrong with your cameras?

(ps..I see your from Indiana, so am I!)
I'm surprised that the good Pastor didn't give you this most excellent review link.
And the detection zone test.

A lot of the 2010 TC had issues, random picture taking until the memory was filled up.
I've got a 2009 model and it's not affected.

From what I gather the CB is better as a true trail cam, on a trail capturing passing deer.
In turn the TC is a better general purpose cam, wider detection zone for when you want to cover a larger area, bait pile, travel corridor and such.
A caveat of the TC is that the detection zone is wider than the field of view, meaning deer can be triggering the camera, but not yet be in the FOV.
This is true, I've had many of these occurrences.

Trigger speed on the TC is excellent, as is range and battery life, I've been on the same set of ultra lithium since October.
We had a week of single digit temps, you remember since you're in IN.
I'll admit that the TC did not like those temps, trigger speed was probably doubled.

Myself I'm a fan of white flash cams, I just like the night pics more.

Here are my albums from this year, tons of TC images.
Bushnell
Moultrie white flash for comparison.

Last edited by onion721; 12-31-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Buckaddict, I had the bushnell trophy cam a 2010 and had to return it because it would just take random pics, when I first got it it worked good though, If this is the price range you are looking for I got a scoutguard sg550 cam for $179 from beebusyoutdoors and I just checked it yesterday. Its been out about a week and I had some nice doe pics on it. The size of it is incredible, very small and I have read a ton of reviews and it gets great reviews. Long battery life, durable and very good pics day and night. The one thing I really like about it is there is a plate on the bottom you slide out to get to sd card and turn on and off. It can't get water in it like some cams. good luck with your choice. I will post some pics when I take it down in a couple of weeks. Scott
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Spike

Thanks guys!

Right now i'm leaning toward the Trophy Cam because if it stops working, i'll probably be able to return it since it has a two year warranty - like you scoot12. If I get a Cuddeback and it stops working, i'll more than likely be screwed because "their customer service is horrible." The only thing I don't like about the trophy cam is the IR at night. If they made a Trophy Cam with flash like a Cuddeback I would DEFINITALY buy one.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 2 of the Captures, and have had no problems so far. I know there are a few guys that have nothing but problems tho. There is a guy I work with that has a Bushnell, and I am not very impressed with it. It takes good pics, but other then that, not impressed.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Captures. Never a problem - 2yrs old.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Spike

Do the Captures detect deer very well? Like if they are far away? Or not right in the middle?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Hoz
Spike

I have both. Love the captures trigger speed, don't like the battery life in WI winters. Bushnell takes nice pictures, I am not sold on the IR yet. still blurry with deer movement. Both have very good detection zones IMO. I am still a cuddeback fan, even though the customer service is terrible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.