Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback? or Bushnell? >

Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: Cuddeback? or Bushnell?
Cuddeback Capture
51.85%
Bushnell Trophy Cam (2010 model)
48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Cuddeback? or Bushnell?

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have a clue. This link was sent to me by Rick @ CAM-O who I bought my cam from.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buckaddict
J.M.A.N..Do you think I should buy a little acorn from ltlacorn.com or camonlinestore.com to help out Rick?? ltlacorn.com has it for a lot cheaper but then I might not get good CS.
I think you need to do what is best for you. I don't know the guy over there so I can't speak about him. I have developed a relationship with Rick over several months at Outdoor-Talk and the whole process went off without a hitch. On top of that, he is always following up with me letting me know that if I need anything at anytime he is here for me. I appreciate that and I enjoy doing business with people I know.

Have you talked to Rick about the price? He's a good guy.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Spike

Yeah I talked with Rick and he doesn't think I should order from ltlacorn.com...He thinks it's fishy how they sell their cams for so cheap-$170..
Old 01-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I talked with Rick and he doesn't think I should order from ltlacorn.com...He thinks it's fishy how they sell their cams for so cheap-$170..
I know how he is doing it, buying directly from China. I could have bought some directly from China for about $130 shipping included and probably from the same manufacturer that he is buying from. I have made purchases directly from China in the past two years on various electronics and every time I have I wanted to get my hands around someone's neck and squeeze because something goes wrong rather quickly. I prefer to pay more and have the comfort of knowing I have someone else to worry about my worries.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Spike

So I should probably buy from Rick just to be safe then???
Old 01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

I would check the site of Old Boys Outdoors for a list of their authorized dealers. If this person is on the list, they are legit. If they are not I would stay very far away from them. Be sure to check and see if Rick is on there too. LOL Old Boys Outdoors is the sole distributor for the US and all Ltl Acorns with a two year warranty only come through them to authorized dealers. Same thing happens with HCO and Uway and Scoutguard.

All I'm saying is see it with your own eyes and make your own decisions. Hope this helps.

http://www.oldboysoutdoors.com

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 01-04-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Spike

Well this guy is not listed on oldboysoutdoors' website, BUT I just contacted oldboys and they said this guy is an authorized dealer of theirs.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

Well this guy is not listed on oldboysoutdoors' website, BUT I just contacted oldboys and they said this guy is an authorized dealer of theirs.
How come he's not listed on their website? Then you can buy with confidence.

I sometimes wonder if it is a family thing?

This same guy was selling early versions of the Ltl Acorn prior to all of the upgrades for $170...tried to get me to purchase a couple as a "tester"

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 01-05-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Spike

I contacted Oldboys a couple days ago. They updated their authorized dealers list and this guy at ltlacorn.com is now on the list. So I now know for sure he's verified.

J.M.A.N How do I know if it's an updated ltlacorn or an older version???
Old 01-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

I
J.M.A.N How do I know if it's an updated ltlacorn or an older version???
You don't, other than his word. Earlier models did not have the time lapse mode and had a few quirks. The ended up changing the platform all together. Read about it at CG. You will notice in the reading they are referring to a "shill". This is the guy they are talking about. Not saying don't buy from him but I am not comfortable doing so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.