Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddy back

Old 12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cuddy back

I,ve always owned moultrie camers ,
I just bought a new IR55 A couple months ago.
I,m just not happy with the distant pics , Well lack of .
I notice its either slow when in sleep or stand by mode or you need to be within 10 feet or so to get a pic.
So I,m thinking the
Cuddeback Capture IR Game Scouting Camera

$200. Are they worth the extra ??

Hows the battery life on average ....Thanks
Old 12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would get the regular flash Capture, and not the IR model. The night time pics are much better with the flash model.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know there are guys out there who really like the Cuddes but I had one and wouldn't have another. The detection area is very small, so unless the subject is directly in front of the camera, you don't get a pic. They do have fast trigger speed and the Capture Flash takes good pictures but it doesn't matter how fast a camera is, if the sensor doesn't see the subject, it can't take a pic. The Cudde also has a 30 second delay before it can take another pic. after it triggers. Here is a link that talks about detection zone. Look it over and see what you think.

http://www.trailcampro.com/2010detectionzonetest.aspx

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
I know there are guys out there who really like the Cuddes but I had one and wouldn't have another. The detection area is very small, so unless the subject is directly in front of the camera, you don't get a pic. They do have fast trigger speed and the Capture Flash takes good pictures but it doesn't matter how fast a camera is, if the sensor doesn't see the subject, it can't take a pic. The Cudde also has a 30 second delay before it can take another pic. after it triggers. Here is a link that talks about detection zone. Look it over and see what you think.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Pj, what would you suggest in the same price range? I would like to eventually get something with video, but by the time I am able to get something else, they will probably have come out with something new.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:23 AM
Spike

Moultries are great cameras, but i own 6 cudde backs. Its the only thing i believe in. there great cameras all around. never had a problem not getting pictures. every time i pull them i end up with 100 to 200 pictures. love them... but there are cameras just as good if not better.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Pj, what would you suggest in the same price range? I would like to eventually get something with video, but by the time I am able to get something else, they will probably have come out with something new.
Right now the Primos Truthcam 60 kind of interests me and Scoutguard has come out with a white-flash camera that looks like the Bushnells. I believe it is the 565f. I am also interested in the Wildgame Innovations X6C. It is compact and has alot of features in a $135.00 camera. The only nock on it is the trigger time is slower than I like. Seems like there's more and more cams coming out all the time.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sound like mine

Originally Posted by PastorJim08

Blessings.....Pastorjim
This sounds like the same trouble I,m having with my IR55 Moultrie cam,,,,,
Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

If you only plan on buying one camera I would recommend spending the extra money or saving until you have the extra money for a Reconyx. They are spendy but after owning trail cameras from Recon, Trailtimer, Cuddeback, Moutrie and Reconyx I strongly believe if you don't invest the extra money you will have spent a lot more by the time you realize you have too. Don't make the same mistake I did. Moultrie makes a good camera with exceptional battery life and the offer good service if you need it but Reconyx offers everything from great pictures to having a function on every camera to meet every need. My Reconyx RM-45 I received nearly 14000 pictures on 1 set of AA Lithium batteries last year. No one can beat that
Old 12-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dbllunged
If you only plan on buying one camera I would recommend spending the extra money or saving until you have the extra money for a Reconyx. They are spendy but after owning trail cameras from Recon, Trailtimer, Cuddeback, Moutrie and Reconyx I strongly believe if you don't invest the extra money you will have spent a lot more by the time you realize you have too. Don't make the same mistake I did. Moultrie makes a good camera with exceptional battery life and the offer good service if you need it but Reconyx offers everything from great pictures to having a function on every camera to meet every need. My Reconyx RM-45 I received nearly 14000 pictures on 1 set of AA Lithium batteries last year. No one can beat that

I agree, you get what you pay for. I would rather have one good working camera than 3 that do not work most of the time and you have to send them back. I am going to look into the Reconyx. I do not know if I have seen any yet. Thanks