Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Stolen

Old 12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default Stolen

Loves how some people can be so low they steal trailcam and blind...trailcam hadn't been out for a month and the blind hadn't even been out a week..it's completely gone...waste of college money there
Old 12-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Some people just can't leave other peoples things alone.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one stolen last year... That is the main reason I don't buy an expensive camera, just the Moultrie 5.0 on sale for about $70. I take my Dremmel and put my name and phone number all over it, any place I can scratch it in.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, really frosts me on how much stuff I've seen stolen this year. Unfortunately it's a sign of our times. People just have no respect for others or for the law. You might keep an eye on craigslist or the classifieds in your area. The thieves will probably try to sell it.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-04-2010, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

My first trail camera was stolen in two weeks.
I know how you feel.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

what a bummer, we've almost all had it happen to us, it's the worst feeling walking up, anticipating some great pics and seeing the camera gone!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Have yet to feel that sting, but not looking forward to it...
Old 12-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here...been very lucky to not have anything stolen from our Farm...guess I'd have to hunt them down or call the Law?

I heard that one of the newer trail camera companies have a theft deterent camera...it has a regular camera You mount on a tree and a second camera with an SD card that can be hidden away from the first camera and it sends the pictures to the second camera in case it is stolen You still have pictures of who took it!

SkyPoint brand name somes to mind....that might be it?Some of the Moultrie Trail Camera's have the sending unit that sends the picture via satilite to a web site to manage your pictures and it can be sent to your cell phone also...if it gets stolen You'll still have a picture hopefully of who took the camera and it may still send pictures while being hauled off?