Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cameras were stolen(Bushnell recovered) >

Cameras were stolen(Bushnell recovered)

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cameras were stolen(Bushnell recovered)

Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Any idea where they are pulling up into via their vehicle? Maybe you could set up a cam to get plate numbers. Then bury some 2x4's with nails. that will learn em!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by onion721
Little update

My CL ad turned up a good lead, this person has been in contact with an individual trying to sell a Trophy cam.
I went to the ISP and filed a report, the person that gave me the tip is cooperating with the ISP.
If all goes well I should have the Bushnell back within 72hrs.
Keep us updated, I'd really like to see this person get what they deserve.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Success!!!!

The ISP set up a buy with the perp, he had possession of the Bushnell.
In jail at this very moment, Clark county.
Admitted to taking the camera, says he thought it was on his mother's property, which it was not. Says he has no idea about the Stealth cam.

So I was down at the ISP post identifying the camera, and what do I see a picture of?
Me in my truck driving down the road, this guy had set it up in his front yard to test it.
Says the lock box wasn't mine, it was one he already had, said I could keep it though LOLOL.
Freshly painted, mangled mounting holes, yeah right it's not mine.

Pic of my truck driving past his house, also the camera now in my possession again.
Going by the dates on the camera, he took it on the 24th, posted it for sale on the 25th.
And it's back home on the 26th, awesome!!!!

I wish I could of seen his face when 4 State Troopers rolled up on him.

3 cheers for the ISP
Old 10-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm really glad to hear you recovered at least one of your cameras. That was a great idea you had using craigs list. Maybe this will send a message to someone else that is thinking of doing the same thing. At least it will to this knucklehead. In looking at the pictures to the damage to the box, I was thinking it might help if you used large washers with the lagbolts. After seeing that, I think I will.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear you got your camera back. From the picture of the camera box it can be repaired fairly easy with a hammer and piece of metal on the opposite side to flatten the holes back. As PastorJim08 suggests, larger flat washers will make it much harder to remove another time. Also glad they caught the culprit.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe it's just my way of thinking but it certainly wasn't the brightest thing to post any info surrounding the details of the investigation! If the thief has seen that someone was expecting to get the stolen camera back and ISP was on it he could have easily backed out and got rid of the camera.

BUT now that this turd has been arrested I think it only fair that you out him publicly so that everyone knows he is a thief and untrustworthy. Find the arrerst info in a newspaper or police report and it's all good to go - public info.

Last edited by uncle matt; 10-27-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

onion721, a couple of tips. go to chasingame.com and look for the ad for custom1enterprises.com lock box. 10 gauge steel i believe. but he makes an attactment that is rounded so you cant mount up high. The attachment also allows the use of a chain. he wont see the leds at 15/20 feet up and im sure he'll be back. And most of all, congrats on an rare success.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Spike

I had the same problem a couple years ago. I bought a cheap non-working camera off of ebay for about $10, then bought a stealthcam. I put the broken cam in plain sight, then used a ladder to put the stealthcam about 16' up in a tree aimed at the other camera. I busted the prick red handed. The thief was another member in my club. He was kicked out and the sheriff handcuffed and hauled him off while I watched. It was a sweet day. I hope I ruined his entire life.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Spike

Glad to hear you got it back so quickly. I thought that only happened on tv.

Last edited by Haydad; 10-28-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

We lost 2 last year, had pins taken out of stands. The year before had a Ladder stand taken by Kids . It was found by their makeshift fort. What I resulted in doing was Climbing up with my climber and set the carmra on an angle to point down at the feeder . The camra is still there and Have had no problem yet. I think it is too much trouble for them to climb and try to take them down.

Last edited by blaserman; 10-28-2010 at 06:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.