Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
reccomended trail camers >

reccomended trail camers

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

reccomended trail camers

Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

ive had great sucess with cudde back capture ir's and stealth cams. as well as the bushnell trophy cams. the new primos ones look very good as well

****2robinhood****
how many bucks are in that one picture??? i mean ive seen of bachelor groups but that is insane
Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors

****2robinhood****
how many bucks are in that one picture??? i mean ive seen of bachelor groups but that is insane
Seven in one shot.

Here is the whole series of pictures.

Last edited by 2robinhood; 08-10-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

well getting quality customer service from them is like winning the lottery. Believe me i work with alot of Trail Cams and i haven't heard more complaints form any other camera.
Originally Posted by JNM86WVU
I've never had a problem with their equipment, and the one thing that went wrong with my friends (the main screen, which has happened to a few of them from the sounds of it) they didn't replace the screen, they replaced the whole camera for free.. They didn't even charge him shipping.. Not to shabby IMO.. But this is all subjective of course and based on personal opinion..
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie

I have had problems with all of my Moultrie D40s. I usually have 3 going and all have been replaced at least once in the past 3 years. I think you would be better off with the I series of cam or a different brand.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Spike

Default I would go with SPYPOINT trail cams

I would go with SPYPOINT trail cams. Very easy to setup, nice looking cams, high quality pictures and many different models depending on what you want to spend. Another advantage is that if for a reason or another you have a problem with it, you wont have to wait for weeks even months to get it back. These cams are made in North America, not like the other brands ( all made in China ). I would recommend that you go see the website. www.spypoint.com

Here are pictures of my FL-A 4MP ( the one on top ) and my IR-C 8MP (the two on the bottom, night and day). I cant wait to get new pics this year to post them on this website.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the new Primos Truth Cam 60...VERY impressed with it... I did a lot of testing with myself as the subject and truth be told the only "wild" animal I've gotten so far is my neighbors dog (I had the camera just set up in my back yard to see what it'd do) the video was very good at night though!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned dozens of trail cams and the one thing I've learned about trail cams...... you really do get what you pay for! Far to many waste their time buying cheap cams, only to replace them eventually.

The ONLY commercial cams I've used that truly are top shelf high quality are the RECONYX models! They are awesome by will cost your more initially. However, do a search on numerous forums and sources and you'll see that the Reconyx comes up again and again as the best of the best.

Good luck

Old 08-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I have had problems with all of my Moultrie D40s. I usually have 3 going and all have been replaced at least once in the past 3 years. I think you would be better off with the I series of cam or a different brand.

This is exactly what I have found too. Every Moultri D40 I've owned has had the flash fail in less than a year. Plus the readout screen gets all distorted. Poor flash capicitors is the reason.

Now I'm buying factory refurbished Stealth Cam IR230 's and I love them! I have not had one fail me yet and great shots too! Refurbished is the way to go as they are factory tested 100%

Also, I now own a Wildgame Innovations IR2 and will give a review on it as pics come in.

This week from my Refurbished Stealth Cam:
Old 08-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wild Game Innovations Electronics

Only problem I see with Wild Game Innovations Cameras are they eat batteries. Some only last a week. That new rangefinder they have out is junk too. They have fancy pakaging and wrappers but I think the products are junk they make. It's all marketing hype for them.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

bowhunterny: I have seven of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. These were purchased in the spring of 2010. So far I've have had good luck with them. Any emails sent to Bushnell resulted in prompt replies (excellent customer service). Excellent battery life, (they claim up to a year using 8 AA batteries: they will operate on 4). The 2009 model will operate on SanDisk, Verbatim and Kodak SD cards but are limited to 2GB. This company offers a two year warranty from the manufacturer.
I also have two SpyPoint IRB cameras that I am having good success with. They use 6 "C" batteries and operate on SanDisk and Lexar SD cards limited to 2GB. SpyPoint are made in Canada, and I have had excellent customer service. One year warranty from the manufacturer.
Good luck in your choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.