HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   reccomended trail camers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/327371-reccomended-trail-camers.html)

bowhunterny 08-09-2010 04:04 PM

reccomended trail camers

im lookin to pick up a trail camera this week ans was wondering what you guys would recocmmend.

PY Antlers 08-09-2010 05:59 PM

Get a Cuddie Back

JNM86WVU 08-09-2010 06:05 PM

Depending on what end of the price range you're trying to stay in, a great mid-grade company is Moultrie.. A buddy and myself have had their cameras for a few years now and actually he just invested in a second one so he could upgrade to an IR trail cam.. Amazing pics and cameras..

tim03b 08-09-2010 07:28 PM

Moultrie's suck!!!!!!!!!!! Dont get one. Their customer service is so poor its not even funny. Stick with stealth cam!

2robinhood 08-09-2010 07:44 PM

Do a search.
Look in the trail camera section and look at pictures.
This topic has been done over and over.
I love my 2009 Bushnell Trophy cams.
Here are some recent shots.

JNM86WVU 08-10-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by tim03b (Post 3660767)
Moultrie's suck!!!!!!!!!!! Dont get one. Their customer service is so poor its not even funny. Stick with stealth cam!

I've never had a problem with their equipment, and the one thing that went wrong with my friends (the main screen, which has happened to a few of them from the sounds of it) they didn't replace the screen, they replaced the whole camera for free.. They didn't even charge him shipping.. Not to shabby IMO.. But this is all subjective of course and based on personal opinion..

Western MA Hunter 08-10-2010 04:50 AM

They are all very good these days... i use the Cuddeback Capture IR...

NEBRbruiser 08-10-2010 05:13 AM

Like mentioned above it just depends how much you want to spend. I have two Moultrie i40's and like them alot. I can put a set of batteries in and they will last for 3 months at least while taking over 1000 pics. Pretty good quality ones at that. However I think if I was going to buy a new one I might try the Stealth. Personally I don't see any reason to spend over $150 for a camera but to each their own. I have also found that actual flash cameras take better night pics if you don't mind the flash instead of IR. Much cheaper. Could go on and on about this topic but long story short most these days are pretty good quality. Bushnell cams are really nice too.

Hunt or Die 08-10-2010 05:50 AM

I had great luck with Cuddeback Capture!

gunther89 08-10-2010 08:15 AM

Go with the Bushnell Trophy Cam. There better then Cuddeback.
Cuddeback has the worst customer service and trust me there camera's break and after a year your screwed and they let you know it when you call them.