Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback Customer Service >

Cuddeback Customer Service

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Customer Service

Old 08-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

moultries phone customer service does really suck, but if you send it in with a long note and description about the problem, I have had nothing but great service, one with a D40 the the flash blew up and would only work for 24 hours, and that one was out of warrenty by 3 months with no recept, and they sent me a brand new one, and the second camera was an I40 that was only taking black and white pics, called customer service like 4 times they kept telling me that it sounds like the camera is working nomal, and not to bother sending it in cause they would just send it back, but I decidedto send it in with pictures and a really long angry note, they recieved it on monday, by friday they sent me a new one back. and come to find out that if you don't have your I40 in DIRECT sunlight it will take only black and white ;-(, I just bought a D55 so hope this one works ;-)
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigsugar
As far as putting it out where it could wet, really? Sorry I can't lure the bigguns into the shed to take pics.
So, you had this cam outside for 18 months and just recently had it "filled with water" sounds like this was your mistake not the camera's or it would have never lasted 18 months to begin with. If the cam was faulty I could see you complaining about the customer service but this is evidently your screw-up and now expect Cuddyback to make up for what you lacked in common sense when placing this camera the last time. I have used, Moultrie, Cuddy,Stealth, Bushnell, WildGame Innov. and some others I can't think of at the moment, never had one fill with water.... you had to have altered the camera in order for it to "fill with water" in my opinion.

And "having the exact opposite experience of me dealing with Moultrie Customer Service", I tried for a week and a half to talk to a Tech and the shortest wait any of those times was still almost an hour. As far as the emails, 4 were sent not one was replied to. Seems like they are awful busy handling technical issues. Must be a whole lot of people having problems with their products for them to be too busy to respond to an email or put you on hold for an hour.

I am not a Moultrie Hater, I have bought and will continue to buy Moultrie cams because they are cheap. But with being cheap you can't expect a whole lot out of them. For the record...I have an old 35mm Moultrie and it has outlasted every other cam I have owned but I think this is an exception.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Typical Buck

[quote=fasterem;3659888]moultries phone customer service does really suck, but if you send it in with a long note and description about the problem, I have had nothing but great service, one with a D40 the the flash blew up and would only work for 24 hours, and that one was out of warrenty by 3 months with no recept, and they sent me a brand new one,quote]

I will send my D-40 back which is also out of warranty by 3 months and will let you know how I make out. On the phone they told me anything beyond the year warranty would not be replaced only fixed and at the customers cost which is within a few dollars of what the cam cost brand new.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not heard positive things about Cudde's customer service either.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Spike

Its crazy how peoples experiences will vary I've never been put on hold with Moultrie. Only contacted them once though. They replaced a camera out of warranty that the screen had gone out on. No receipt and it was bought on Ebay. No questions asked.

Not to get into a pissing match with you but we have 15 cameras. I'm pretty good at setting them up. When that camera fried I should have bee more clear. It was full of dew. It hadnt rained at all since the last time I checked it. No battery problems or anything. Its not too hard to open it up, flip the button to 30s and close it. I expect a camera to last a little longer then 18 months.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigsugar
Its crazy how peoples experiences will vary I've never been put on hold with Moultrie. Only contacted them once though. They replaced a camera out of warranty that the screen had gone out on. No receipt and it was bought on Ebay. No questions asked.

Not to get into a pissing match with you but we have 15 cameras. I'm pretty good at setting them up. When that camera fried I should have bee more clear. It was full of dew. It hadnt rained at all since the last time I checked it. No battery problems or anything. Its not too hard to open it up, flip the button to 30s and close it. I expect a camera to last a little longer then 18 months.
I agree a cam should last more than 18 months especially one that costs what a Cuddy does. I have had issues with both manufacturers but the cam I will never buy again is a Stealth cam, the pics are poor and the dependability of their cameras suck. Just for arguments sake I encourage each and all to give Moultrie a call just wait long enough to hear your order in line and wait time. If it says 45 mins it is 45 minutes minimum, I have tried numerous times to get in touch with somebody there. I am going to continue buying moultrie cams b/c like I said they are cheap just don't expect much out of them beyond their warranty term. And as you'll see by calling these Numbers below you will see what I mean by their customer service.

Everytime I contacted Cuddy I was speaking with someone within minutes and had cameras and 2 cuddyviewers replaced or fixed at a reasonable price far less than what they cost new. A fix to a moultrie costs almost as much as a new cam, I use the junk cams as dummy cams on my properties.

Good Luck with Moultrie just stay away from their Game spy system until they get all the glitches worked out. Best bet, buy the D55 and D55IR's use them as long as you can and then replace them with next years model, don't buy their high end models b/c by the time the system which makes these models appealing actually works these higher cost cams will prob be out of warranty.

For questions regarding Moultrie Feeders’ products or repairs please call (800) 653-3334 or (205) 664-6700 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.