Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
moultrie question >

moultrie question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie question

Old 07-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Spike

Default moultrie question

anyone had to replace the digital screen on an I-40?do I have to send it in?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Mine's broke, but the cam still works fine without it. I cant imagine it would be worth fixing with comparable new cam's around $90.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a common problem with the Moultries after several years. I have read that if you contact them, they will send you a new screen free of charge and it is very easy to change yourself. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
This is a common problem with the Moultries after several years. I have read that if you contact them, they will send you a new screen free of charge and it is very easy to change yourself. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Well, if it's free...

Found the link you need....
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/troub...mecameras/I-40

Thanks!

Old 07-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy of mine has 4 I40's and has had to send all of them back because the screen has either gone completely blank or had a solid black line going across it. Out of all his cameras the oldes is only about 14 months old. Usualy moultrie has just replaced his camera when he sent it in to get repaired.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm. my oldest I-60 screen is fine but my newer I-60 screen is looking pretty bad so I may have to replace it also?Guess I need to get a hold of Moultrie also.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck! I tried for 4 days straight to talk to a technician. My shortest wait time was 42 minutes. I prepared my dinner for work, got a shower, shaved, brushed my teeth, got dressed and still waited 15 minutes for someone to answer. Their Customer service is a joke if trying to talk to someone but if you have proof your camera was purchased within the past 13 months they will replace it free of charge. Funny how things always break around month 14, that is a good way of selling you a newer model when the old ones are sent back to Moultrie from Bass Pro and Cabelas or buy a Refurbished one directly from Moultrie for more than what they cost at the big retailers. How does that work?? Pay more buying direct from the manufacturer???
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

just send it back in to them with a paper and tell them whats wrong and they will probably send you a new camera ;-)