Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Bushnell Trophy Cam Fried... >

Bushnell Trophy Cam Fried...

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bushnell Trophy Cam Fried...

Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam Fried...

My new Bushnell Trophy cam just died. I went to retrieve the card and it was not working. Several of the batteries seemed to be shot and leaking ( Eveready E+ batteries), don't know why as they were brand new batteries.

I went and got new batteries and put them into the camera, and it started smoking...not good.

Looking at the card, the camera died yesterday late morning, as that is when the last pic was.

I have no idea what the problem is, but I shipped it back to Bushnell today. I am definetely disappointed with them. I also kinda resent having to pay $10 shipping for their return postage on a 3 week old camera.

I will post again when I get a replacement...I hope it arrives quickly.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Today is 35 days and counting since I sent my 09 BTC back for a date/time stamp issue. Got an email telling me they would send me a new one (Bone Collector) and it would ship last week.........

Still Waiting
Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Ick sorry to hear that, I havn't heard anything from Moultrie since they recieved mine back, I hope they get to it soon
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

I had an issue w/ mine while playing back pic on tv all of a sudden on of the batteries got so hot it felt as if it would melt the plastic around it. I quickly disconnected and put a new set of batteries in about 3 weeks later did it again while viewing on tv(same slot original battery was in) It doesnt do it all the time and hasnt since I now use the wii to play back pics I was gonna send back but 45- 60 days seems a bit ridiculous It mad me so nervous due to the heat I leave camera outside if Im moving it dont want to burn down my castle
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I am impressed with Bushnell's fast response. I mailed the camera back to them on Thursday, July 15 and I have a replacement in the UPS system that should arrive tommorrow.

I still resent having to pay $10 for the privilege of having them replace a faulty camera, but I can not complain about the speed with which they acted.

Update: it arrived as scheduled, powered her up and put her in the woods. Hopefully this one will not start smoking.

Last edited by Sniggle; 07-29-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Further update...I have had the new camera in the woods for a little while, and this one is messed up to. It is having run away picture taking, especially at night, literally taking a picture every 30 seconds all night...over 1000 pictures of nothing in a 12 hour period. I had already turned the sensitivity down to Normal from high hoping to solve this problem, with no luck. I have it now turned down to low, and I will check it tommorrow, and if I have another 1000 pictures of nothing, it is going back to them with a nasty note.

I am very unimpressed so far with this camera, due to the issues I have had with 2 so far.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sniggle: This may not be what you wish to hear. Sensitivity setting should not have any effect on how your camera has been operating. 1) is it the 2010 model as I've read lots of complaints on other forums as well about the same problem. If you send it back hopefully they will replace the camera manufactured later in the year and have that problem corrected. 2) if you have to, get them to send you out a 2009 model. I have seven of them and so far have had very good luck. Mine has the viewer screen which due to its size is worthless dollar wise. Also the 2009 is limited to 2GB SD card.
I have the understanding that the 2010 model has: 1) a larger viewing screen and 2) will except an SD card larger than 2 GB, and 3) the camera is available in the Bone Collector, which is another added expense. If one desires this, get some sticks and leaves and camo spray paint. Lay your design on the camera (sticks, leaves etc.) spray over them, then remove. You now have a very cheap camo that you did yourself. I used the camo tape one time for a project, but found it very shiny.
All the best in whatever your camera does.

Last edited by littlearrow; 08-08-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also had the run-away issue in my first Trophycam. When I called Trailcampro about it, they said they had had several complaints about that same issue. They replaced it immediately and I have had no issues with the new one. Hope it works out for you.

Blessings......Pastorjim